Which Surface Book?

chrisjfinlay

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, I've missed pre-order stock for the top-range Surface Book. Do you think the i7/256GB/8GB model is going to be worth it, or should I hold out for more stock on the top range? I'm kinda hoping it becomes available again soon...

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
It depends on your usage. I use my Surface Pro 3 for development with the specs you listed and find no issues. If your use case scenario is more resource intensive (CAD work for instance) I might consider stopping by your local computer store and trying some things out on a computer with similar specs... knowing the Surface Book will have faster bus speed and throughput... so it will be faster than whatever you're testing things with.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Damn... I wanted to wait for review before picking up one... But all models are out of stock right now... Just checked it... Why do they always stock up too little...

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Didn't want to start a new thread, was wondering real quick, I pre-ordered the i5 256GB Surface Book with the dGPU, I was wondering is there a "noticeable" difference between the i5 with dGPU and the i7 with dGPU? In other words as simply a student at a university (non-engineering/computer science) is there a reason to pay an extra $400 for the i7 experience?

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Didn't want to start a new thread, was wondering real quick, I pre-ordered the i5 256GB Surface Book with the dGPU, I was wondering is there a "noticeable" difference between the i5 with dGPU and the i7 with dGPU? In other words as simply a student at a university (non-engineering/computer science) is there a reason to pay an extra $400 for the i7 experience?

Nope, your i5 256GB configuration is more than enough for your usage conditions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes