Removing from keyboard

njdev1k

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Just curious as I haven't seen it mentioned but anyone know if the tablet portion can be removed from the keyboard while powered off?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

njdev1k

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
The surface book. I would expect it would but just didn't hear it or see it.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You can remove it whilst switched on.
In one of the promo video's for it, they do exactly that :)

edit, ah, you ask about it being switched off - I assume because it's a keyboard button to activate it... interesting question!

Cotswolds

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
So my local store got a book in for display. The employees there got the screen STUCK on it backwards. They tell me that the screen locks on and the button actually actuates the lock via software. So because of this, I'm going to guess that you won't be able to remove the screen when the unit is powered off.

njdev1k

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Not a big deal. Slightly inconvenient in certain scenarios though.

enixon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
You can detach the keyboard from the tablet while the power is off. You CANNOT detach it if the battery is completely depleted.

So in short, if the Surface Book is 100% turned off, you can hold the "detach" button and the green light will pop up signaling it's ok for it to come apart.

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
One review said it didn't work unless the battery had at least 10%. That sounds kind of excessive. How much power does it take to activate muscle wire anyway?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99