Surface Book Preorders - Card Dinged

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
So, I woke up this morning to a card alert of a new purchase. It looks like the Microsoft Store just dinged my card for the Surface Book preorder. They claimed they wouldn't charge until it was going to ship. If that is the case, it might arrive before the 26th. Pretty stoked!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting on them to charge my card for sp4... anxiously waiting.

MY CARD IS READY! TAKE MY MONEY MICROSOFT!!

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
So, I woke up this morning to a card alert of a new purchase. It looks like the Microsoft Store just dinged my card for the Surface Book preorder. They claimed they wouldn't charge until it was going to ship. If that is the case, it might arrive before the 26th. Pretty stoked!

They did the same with my Band 2 preorder. The store has never worked like that before, I wonder if it's a glitch.

kittengirl

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
:) I just sold my iMac, in part to fund the Surface Book LOL. I have never been a true Mac person, but got it a while back mostly for the screen real estate, and found that I just never use it, especially since the advent of the Surface!

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
:) I just sold my iMac, in part to fund the Surface Book LOL. I have never been a true Mac person, but got it a while back mostly for the screen real estate, and found that I just never use it, especially since the advent of the Surface!

Honestly, my MBP was the nicest Windows laptop I ever had, so far. OSX was not for me. Bootcamp is a nice feature, and Apple does make great hardware. It is a first gen retina i7 15" from 2012, with a dGPU. It is more capable than my i5 Surface Pro 3, but far less portable. I am hoping the Surface Book will be as powerful as the mac, with just as nice buildquality, while being almost as portable as the SP3.

Last edited:

Yonic Boom

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Nothing has showed up on my card yet. I'm hoping mine still ships out by the 26th.

I've had good experience with the MS store generally, but I also have about as much patience as a toddler on Christmas eve. Can't wait to get this thing set up for development and design.

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Was yours shipped from China by any chance? I just got a Fed Ex notification that I have a package coming from Souzhou China on Monday morning. (I tracked it and it shows that it was shipped today from Maintek Computers in Souzhou and is now in Shanghai).

<TED>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium