Is the i5, 128 GB version with dGPU no longer available?

Eqweytr

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
i5, 128 GB version with dGPU no longer available?

Hi everyone!

I'm looking at the Microsoft online store in US and Canada and I can no longer find the cheaper 1,699 $ model with discrete graphics mentioned in this article:

windowscentral.com/microsoft-beefs-low-end-surface-book-discreet-gpu-option

Microsoft Store US:

microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.325716000?icid=en_US_SurfaceBk_cat_modG_100615

Microsoft Store Canada:
microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/productID.326660400

Does anybody know if it's just sold out or if this was only a one-time deal? I was seriously considering this option but I wanted to wait and read other people's opinion about the SB before i pulled the trigger. Now I guess I'm forced to order the 1,899 $ version...

ladyruri

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: i5, 128 GB version with dGPU no longer available?

i ordered that option when it was available, and now I noticed they took it away yesterday
must be limited offer and decided to pull it off due to an executive decision? probably want to rake in more money with users selecting the 256gb option? I only ordered it cause it says it ships by oct 26 instead of 7-8 weeks for the other options :(

Eqweytr

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Yeah that's what I fear aswell :/

Hopefully they will reintroduce it when they can keep up with the demand for the new Surface models!

Maybe they will show up at other vendors in the future if they ordered them while they were available.

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I got one too. Any of your's shipped? I've called microsoft and they have no idea what i'm talking about.

ladyruri

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

can you be more specific when you say they have no idea what you are talking about?
I know when I spoke with someone using the live chat they can see my order for it but unsure why it hasn't shipped as the email stated by October 26, but could be backlogged and that is why it has not shipped yet

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

can you be more specific when you say they have no idea what you are talking about?
I know when I spoke with someone using the live chat they can see my order for it but unsure why it hasn't shipped as the email stated by October 26, but could be backlogged and that is why it has not shipped yet

They said the product doesn't exist... and were trying to cancel my order.

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Let me know what happens. It's the 28th and we were promised shipping on the 26th so they should at least give some retribution. For a company that just killed its quarterly earnings, Microsoft needs to fulfill its promises if it wants to keep killing earnings.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site

FWIW I reached out to MS earlier today about this, they were looking into it and I'm awaiting their findings.

mxq3r9

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site

I ordered it the day this SKU became available. I called customer service and my case was escalated. They told me they would reach out to me. After a whole day of radio silence I called again. This time another agent told me to wait 3-7 business days. I don't think she knew anything specifically about this SKU and was just giving me a canned answer. I really need a laptop for school. :(

ladyruri

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

thanks Dan! hope to hear from what they have to say
I know I ordered this SKU the moment it was available online

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the reply Daniel. My case got escalated too and they actually charged my Paypal twice (Once for the book and dock, Once for just the book). Other than that my update is that my dock shipped. Yet to see my surface book shipped though.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site

"We made a limited number of 128 GB Core i5 dGPU Surface Book SKUs available in the U.S. and quickly sold through stock. Microsoft will fulfill orders of the product, and customers can expect shipment notices upon the time of shipment." – Microsoft Spokesperson

http://www.windowscentral.com/limited-amount-surface-books-128-gb-core-i5-dgpu-sold-out-still-shipping

ladyruri

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

as I turned my computer on and check my Hotmail, just received my email confirmation from Microsoft that they shipped my unit here in Canada
hopefully it is the right sku lol and not the basic non dGPU version

boo516

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

as I turned my computer on and check my Hotmail, just received my email confirmation from Microsoft that they shipped my unit here in Canada
hopefully it is the right sku lol and not the basic non dGPU version

Praying I'm next. Nothing yet though. What's the ETA on yours?

ladyruri

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

no ETA at the moment, they just sent shipping information to UPS and provided me tracking #

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers