Intel gpu issue on i7 with dedicated cpu

Garf Leonard

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I have horrible flickering on the display, looks like I will be taking this baby back to Best Buy. Spending over 2k on this device and it does this, sad.

I found out it was the Intel graphics by disabling it in device manager. Disabled, and it was fine. Any restart will re-enable the device again though.

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling we'll have another driver update. I mainly had a flicker on facebook with auto video playback on. Turned that off and haven't noticed it since. I have also seen that running a CMD line to verify HyperV is disabled stabilizes the Intel driver. It is likely something pretty simple. I'll give it a few days.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I have horrible flickering on the display, looks like I will be taking this baby back to Best Buy. Spending over 2k on this device and it does this, sad.

I found out it was the Intel graphics by disabling it in device manager. Disabled, and it was fine. Any restart will re-enable the device again though.

Have you tried disabling Hyper-V? Have had on report of that issue and that fixing it as a temp solution

Garf Leonard

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, I am a developer and need hyper-v. Mine wasn't just a slight flicker, it was unusable. Along with some screen tearing at the upper left corner. I actually was thinking about hyper-v on my walk this morning, I know we had a "fix" where you would use bcedit and edit the boot config, that went on for a while on the Surface Pro 3 if I remember.

I can't believe my luck, I walked into my Best Buy this morning shortly after it opened, and they still had an i7/256gb available. Yesterday they told me they only had two in stock, I can't believe no one else bought it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss