Likely Fix for Sleep Fan and Battery Drain Issue

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just updated those Battery Drivers. So weird that these got overlooked. It very easily found the new drivers when I hit Update Drivers. Let's see how it goes for me.

jrowlings

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Just go into device manager. Click on batteries, select ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery, click Update Driver Software, Click on Search automatically for updated driver software.

enixon

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I did this last night and put the machine to sleep while plugged in. Normally, my discharge rate has been 10-20%/hour while in sleep...doing nothing. Today, it has been no more than 5%/hour doing nothing. So it has done something, but it's still 100% worse than any other laptop I've owned.

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay, after having done this, the sleep seems better but still draining (like what enixon had)

What's worse is that now my battery is WORSE. I only got 4 hours out of it today and after having only used it an hour just now from 100% it's gone to 67%.

This is really upsetting :(

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I did this and then my computer froze twice within an hour of updating those drivers. Rolled the drivers back - no more freezing...

zombie0

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else still dealing with unexpectedly high CPU and fan utilization while locked and docked? I'm still seeing LockAppHost.exe running a CPU core pretty heavily while my Surface Book is docked and locked.

lockapphost.png

It's disappointing and a bit annoying to walk into my office and have the fans running at full speed, and for what? What is LockAppHost doing? Mining bitcoins?

DGHylete

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this will work for all Surface Books but I think I may have a workaround/solution for the battery drain issue. Before shutting my Surface Book down, I place it into Tablet Mode. For some reason, while it's in Tablet Mode, I have zero battery drain issues (even after 2 full days of no use). I really hope this helps everyone else...

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Been putting it in hibernate instead of sleep for a long time now and never had any problem with waking it up the next time and having the same amount of battery. I normally don't ever have a need to use the keyboard backlight though.
Yesterday I did happen to have the keyboard backlight on before putting it in hibernate for the night. Next morning, battery was drained. Anyone else experience this? Going to have to test this again..

Edit: Nope, battery was fine today.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon