Screen Rotation

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Before today I could hold the Surface Book sideways without detaching the keyboard and write on the screen like writing in a notebook. It felt like writing on papers in a binder.
Now the screen isn't rotating if I turn the device sideways with the keyboard attached. There was just a cumulative update today. I wonder if that update ruined that.

Spoke too soon. If you attach it with the screen already rotated then it keeps the ability to rotate.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Before today I could hold the Surface Book sideways without detaching the keyboard and write on the screen like writing in a notebook. It felt like writing on papers in a binder.
Now the screen isn't rotating if I turn the device sideways with the keyboard attached. There was just a cumulative update today. I wonder if that update ruined that.

Spoke too soon. If you attach it with the screen already rotated then it keeps the ability to rotate.

I have noticed this same phenomenon since the 1511 update to Windows 10. Whenever I see the "auto-rotate on" message in the upper left corner, my rotation lock button in the action center works as normal and rotation is unlocked. After some time with the tablet attached to the base in laptop position, though, the rotation lock button will grey out and auto-rotation does not work. Detaching the tablet will always bring the rotation lock button back to life, though. I don't know how or why, but this really seems to be a bug introduced by the most recent Windows 10 updates. Sometimes a reboot will bring it back, other times not. Thus far, it hasn't significantly impacted my usage, so I can live with it. *sigh*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte