Tablet useless

jrowlings

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Well... the tablet function of this, otherwise lovely, device is totally useless if EVERY time I disconnect to use it... I get the BSOD. Yes... I've updated firmware, have the beta Intel drivers, etc, etc, etc.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Could... yes... that would put me on my third unit. Definition of insanity... doing the same thing over and over expecting different results...

In that case, I don't see why you should keep suffering from such pain. Return it and ask for refund if you can :)

Or if you liked the device so much, you could try your luck with 3rd one. Third time is a charm eh :) Also, if you couldn't ask for refund and have to stick to your continuously full bugged devices, then you should ask for replacements until you have your hands on a normal device, it's your right after paying a premium price in the end IMHO.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
In that case, I don't see why you should keep suffering from such pain. Return it and ask for refund if you can :)

Or if you liked the device so much, you could try your luck with 3rd one. Third time is a charm eh :) Also, if you couldn't ask for refund and have to stick to your continuously full bugged devices, then you should ask for replacements until you have your hands on a normal device, it's your right after paying a premium price in the end IMHO.

Agreed. BSOD on every detach is not normal at all. Actually, I don't think I've ever had even a single BSOD from detaching the tablet portion. I had one BSOD caused by the intel graphics driver, and 2 BSODs/hangs/reboots from the nvidia driver (one during a lengthy gaming session where I started having some serious lag while connected to the game server, and the other was just an nvidia driver crash immediately after resuming from hibernation).

mcf517

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I had that same issue with BSOD after detach and had it replaced. Current machine doesn't have that problem anymore, but of course, it still has all the other bugs everyone is dealing with.

worwig

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Mine was doing this continuously when new. Luckily on mine after the firmware/software update, mine quit doing it.
If the updates did not correct yours, then get a refund if you can.

Micropel

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Its a defective model that's all. Just have them replace it because I haven't had that issues at all. I use mines for illustrator and Photoshop.

jrowlings

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
General consensus... replace unit. Unfortunate to have to rebuild my computer for the third time. Thanks all for your advice... much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers