Surface Dock eating up CPU usage?

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I've never heard of that issue or solution before :sweaty:

So i decided to take the plunge and go back to the rs1 build and see what happens out of curiosity.

It started to do it when i plugged in the cord but i noticed it was up and down and when i checked it was "cortana background host" causing the spike. So that was a good sign. So i restarted.

Now i have the dock (power) plugged in and I'm at 0-1% CPU usage. The problem is gone. That is weird, now ill be back to the sound issue LOL. catch 22. But i have faith that MS will solve the sound issue with a future driver update. What i didnt have faith in was a fix for the problem i had with the CPU usage using build 10586.494. That was the 494th iteration of the 1511 version and patches and updates are all but done for that branch. Plus we are moving forward anyways so no reason to stay on 10586.

Last edited:

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I went back to 10586 with a clean install on the surface book and now its not doing it anymore. It's pretty much at zero and 1 percent now when the charger is plugged in or the surface dock is plugged in. That's weird, now I am awaiting on the RS1 update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes