Will there be a Surface Book 2 in early 2017, after they released the Book i7? (Speculations)

aerobraking

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

now that Microsoft announced the perfomance base for the Surface book, when do you think will they announce a Surface Book 2? Even though Kaby Lake is coming soon, I can't imagine Microsoft will announce a complete new Surface Book 2 with it, only 4-5 month after the Surface Book i7.

So I see two possible ways:

1. Microsoft waits untill the end of 2017 to release the Surface Book 2 with the successor of Kaby Lake (Cannonlake).

2. Highly unlikely: Microsoft releases a Surface Book with AMD Zen CPU und GPU earlier than that. :grin:

What do you think?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think there will be one . One of the reasons Apple was successful was continuous iteration of products, and the Surface Book is now a year old. While they did a small refresh with the i7, I think they will have a product line refresh with a Surface Pro 5 too in the spring. Any product has design issues and they'll want to address those and also bring the latest Kaby Lake processors. I think the power difference in that with some cooling improvements will permit a quad core version... and it is supposed to be the ultimate device!

aerobraking

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I think there will be one . One of the reasons Apple was successful was continuous iteration of products, and the Surface Book is now a year old.

Hm, maybe you are right. I just checked, and the time between the Surface Pro und Surface Pro 2 was only 6 month, and then to the Surface Pro 3 8 month. So 5-8 month after the Surface Book i7 would be march-june.

But i could imagine that this short release cycles were needed because they learned a lot with the first surfaces and needed to improve it up to the point of the Surface pro 3, that archieved the true vision of the first Surface. And as the Surface Book already does quite a good job, they don't have the need to bring a better version quickly.

Well, I hope I am wrong because I am waiting for the Surface book 2 to get rid of my 6 year old Laptop. :D

I think the power difference in that with some cooling improvements will permit a quad core version... and it is supposed to be the ultimate device!

In the 13.5" Version? I would be surprised. But maybe we get a bigger Surface book, who knows. I would appreciate it, for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo