Issues when scrolling on the Navigation Pane

icruces

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I am not sure if this is a Windows 10 or Surface Book issue.

Basically when I scroll on the navigation pane two things happen:
- The scrolling is slow and no smooth
- When scrolling down there are some weird visual effects on the bottom of the pane

This happens when using the touch pad or the touch screen but not when using a mouse.

Here is a video where I reproduce the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImxtPFuFeDE&feature=youtu.be

Does Somebody know something about it?

Thanks.

Last edited:

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't think this is a windows 10 issue, as I cannot reproduce it on my desktop (nvidia gtx 960 graphics, intel graphics is fully disabled). It looks like a graphics driver issue (likely Intel's driver, since I don't believe the Surface Book uses the nvidia graphics chip for the windows 10 UI by default). I can reproduce this same behavior on my Surface Book, too.

No offense, but this is kind of a nitpick thing -- especially given how ridiculously bad Intel's graphics driver was at the Surface Book's launch (it full-out crashed repeatedly during just basic use). Yeah, this isn't pretty, but it's really not something that's going to make the system unusable in any way.

On the other hand, if you really are annoyed by this and you don't detach the clipboard from the base of the Surface Book, you can open the nvidia control panel and select the nvidia graphics chip as the default for everything, provided you have a Surface Book with the discrete GPU from nvidia. If not, you're just stuck with Intel's crappy driver.

icruces

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks.

It doesn't bother me too much but I wanted to make sure that it wasn't a problem in my unit.

I think I also tested it using the Nvidia card with the same result. I will double check anyway.

Cane Prevost

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Some may think it's nitpicky but I couldn't stand it and would not put up with that behavior at all. Everybody is different though. My Surface book doesn't do this at all.

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Some may think it's nitpicky but I couldn't stand it and would not put up with that behavior at all. Everybody is different though. My Surface book doesn't do this at all.

Well the problem is that it's probably a driver issue, which is Intel's problem, not Microsoft's. I pretty much don't see it ever on my SB because my folder lists aren't huge in the left pane and it only seems to be an issue with that left pane (scrolling in the right pane is fine). I had to specifically expand a folder in the LEFT pane to reproduce the bug, which is just not something I'd normally do. Ever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon