Surface Book from Macbook Air 2 Months in

Cane Prevost

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to say that I'm really liking the Surface Book. Not sure why but mine was a bit buggy the first week or so but has settled down fine. It's now rock solid and no issues of any kind. I like having the touchscreen and pen. Taking notes during a meeting with the pen was just brilliant. Using the computer in tent mode to watch movies in bed was also a revelation. I'm finding the trackpad to be perfectly fine. This was important as I didn't want to have to deal with a poorly functioning trackpad since I was used to Apple's great implementation. Turns out the Surface trackpad works great. My only gripe is that i wish the keys were black instead of silver. In some light and angles they are hard to see. Took me about a week to get used to Windows 10. Now it's second nature. Anything I don't know is a quick google search away. Very pleased with the experience so far.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say that I'm really liking the Surface Book. Not sure why but mine was a bit buggy the first week or so but has settled down fine. It's now rock solid and no issues of any kind. I like having the touchscreen and pen. Taking notes during a meeting with the pen was just brilliant. Using the computer in tent mode to watch movies in bed was also a revelation. I'm finding the trackpad to be perfectly fine. This was important as I didn't want to have to deal with a poorly functioning trackpad since I was used to Apple's great implementation. Turns out the Surface trackpad works great. My only gripe is that i wish the keys were black instead of silver. In some light and angles they are hard to see. Took me about a week to get used to Windows 10. Now it's second nature. Anything I don't know is a quick google search away. Very pleased with the experience so far.

Do you mean you look at the keyboard when you type, if so I highly suggest getting a typing software to teach you not to look :)

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad you like your new Surface Book. In reference to the keyboard , turn the keyboard brightness down during the day and your keys will be black. The brightness button is on the top left side of the keyboard.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My only gripe is that i wish the keys were black instead of silver. In some light and angles they are hard to see.
Yup, they made a mistake with that. I've seen many users complain about it, so I'm hoping they do something about it for the next version.

Cane Prevost

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The keyboard is only really a problem in that particular light where the backlight doesn't help but it's too dark to see the keys properly. That in between light. A minor quibble really.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes