What do you do to insure your Surface Book?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought the highest-end Surface Book, and with that kind of investment, I wanted to make sure I was covered. Of course, I bought the Microsoft Complete, which will cover hardware problems and even accidental damage, with a deductible. But what about theft? I mean, I know my PC is covered by my homeowner's insurance, but I've got a $2000 deductible. That's pretty steep for a PC. Not so much for a house - I could leave the deck off and rebuild that later, if my house burns down.

So I checked with my insurance company (USAA). I found out that I can get $4000 insurance rider on my PC equipment (including peripherals), with a $250 deductible, for an extra $12.96 a year. Yeah, where do I sign up???

I thought I'd share this little nugget with anyone else who might be thinking about "what if someone steals my car and my PC is in it?" Hint, the car has car insurance, the PC is covered by homeowners (or renters), and since these are two separate policies, they would be subject to two separate deductibles - trust me, I've been there (thankfully, with much cheaper devices lost - a GPS and a handful of CDs).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon