Lost and Found?

Durahl

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
So I just got myself a Surface Book with Performance Base and while setting up some stuff and waiting for all updates to finish I was reminded of the daughter of my mothers friend who lost her MacBook when she tried to catch a bus or something.

While I don't think this would ever happen to me one might never know and so I was kinda wondering if there was a way to aid a person who found the device in returning it to me - So far the only way I could come up with was by making a "LOST" Wallpaper containing my eMail and setting it as the Sign-In Background.

Is there perhaps a more elegant solution available like an APP containing contact information that could be launched while the device is still locked?

Durahl

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Like I said "a way to aid a person who found the device in returning it to me".
As in picking up the Surface, opening the lid and being greeted with a way to contact me.

Right now it's only possible for me, who lost the device, to somehow act but not the person who found it other than delivering it to a Lost & Found station, which I assume can be unreliable as well.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You could always put a return address label on the bottom.

I was thinking about loss/theft myself, since this is the first time I've had a $3500 computer, and checked with my insurance company (USAA). Adding a $4000 rider with a $250 deductible to my homeowners insurance to cover my computer and peripherals, costs $12.96 a year. You can bet I added that rider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss