Can't create a second partition on my Surface Book?

UniZebra

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought a Surface Book and I'm trying to create a second partition via the Windows' native Disk Management but for some reason when I want to shrink the original Partition even though there's enough space I get the following error:
"There Is Not Enough Space Available on the Disk(s) to Complete This Operation"
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought a Surface Book and I'm trying to create a second partition via the Windows' native Disk Management but for some reason when I want to shrink the original Partition even though there's enough space I get the following error:

This may not be the answer to your problem.

Win 10's own disk management is a little limited in functionality.
I use Partition Wizard Mini Tool. I recommend it 100%.

https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

Whenever I had problem with partition, I use Partition Wizard. It always managed to get the job done.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I apologize.
I am not familiar with Bit-locked encrypted partition.

This is what I would do if my main partition is not bit-locker encrypted......

Remove the R partition volume ( the one with 1020 MB ) > extend it back to main partition C: > then do the Shrink procedure .

Last edited:

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site

If you are interested in removing the bitlocker encryption to your C drive and you are not sure how to, here is a tutorial for it :

How to Turn On or Off BitLocker for Operating System Drive in Windows 10

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...cker-operating-system-drive-windows-10-a.html

UniZebra

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
The problem was not Bitlocker since I tried the same process with Bitlocker off/suspended too. I had to to use a third party software called "Paragon Hard Disk Manager" to create the second partition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon