Just got my Surface Dial - and it works with Premier Pro!

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Then entire reason I got this thing was to see if I could get it to work as a shuttle/jog dial in Premier Pro, and to my surprise, it does so out of the box. All you have to do is press, select scroll (if not already selected) and you have a VERY prices, great jog dial.

I am using it with my surface book, but think it would work (without on screen functionality) on any win10 device with Bluetooth. I am going to try it with my HoloLens later today to see if it picks it up yet - but doubtful since I haven't gotten an update on it in a while.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
So it works right now on different software, and even onscreen in a Surface Book? I was expecting this level of support for the Creators Update. Nice!

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
The Surface Dial arrived today, and my initial impression of the device is that it is smaller than I had imagined it would be. It was a snap to install the device via the Bluetooth settings; there's a small hidden button in the battery area to initiate the pairing of the device.

There's a cool haptic feedback present when operating the Dial, both in turning it and in depressing the unit. The magnetic bottom does not stick on the Surface's glass, but hugs onto my desk's metallic cover.

On my Surface Pro 4, the contextual popups are currently limited to:

• Volume
  • Scroll
  • Zoom
  • Undo

Oddly, the scroll will not work for me in tablet mode.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
The magnetic bottom does not stick on the Surface's glass, but hugs onto my desk's metallic cover.
you have to remove the sticker. the sticky bottom will stick to glass easily. in fact, I wonder how long this sticky bottom will last and how often you need to clean it.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
you have to remove the sticker. the sticky bottom will stick to glass easily. in fact, I wonder how long this sticky bottom will last and how often you need to clean it.

Yes, the sticker was removed from the rubber bottom, and while the movement on the glass is a bit resistive, the unit is not sticking on it.

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
It does NOT work on screen yet - but does work with a variety of software. You can even create custom actions as an option from the radial menu.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo