Do you like the new Surface Pro 2 . Vote and share your opinion

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I like the Surface Pro 2 , seems to better in many departments and this time the app situation is a lot better than before. Share your opinion on it below.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
The improvement to the Surface pro and the accessories are impressive. And the docking station is a very nice touch. So far I like what's going on. Can't wait to see some hands on and get more information.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree with the points from stmav. I love they basically improved every aspect to make it just that much better. Now they're getting closer and closer to the courier via "covers". MS has opened alot of potential with this iteration. I'll be a happy buyer comes d-day.

Isror

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm excited but want to see the price points tomorrow at pre-order. I'd want to go the route of 256Gig with 8Gb of ram. Also the new accessories really sell it. The simple fact that MS is pushing a car charger with USB...That makes this a REAL mobile solution for me.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I like the Surface Pro 2, just wish it brought some design and hardware improvements of the Surface 2. New camera, dual microphone, cooler look, etc.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The 8GB memory is the deal-maker for me, and I'm getting the 8GB/256GB variant.

I didn't vote by the way, because I don't think it is awesome, but I want it.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I've been wanting a Pro since it came out, but two factors kept me from buying: price and battery life.

Well, the 2nd generation has addressed the battery life issue, and as for price? I'm treating it like what it is: a full tablet and laptop replacement. I'm going to purchase an external monitor to connect to at home, then a simple unplug is required when I go out and about. It should be a stupendous replacement for my aging first Gen iPad and two and a half year old laptop. Looking forward to it.

One question: how do you have one already?! So jealous!

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been wanting a Pro since it came out, but two factors kept me from buying: price and battery life.

Well, the 2nd generation has addressed the battery life issue, and as for price? I'm treating it like what it is: a full tablet and laptop replacement. I'm going to purchase an external monitor to connect to at home, then a simple unplug is required when I go out and about. It should be a stupendous replacement for my aging first Gen iPad and two and a half year old laptop. Looking forward to it.

One question: how do you have one already?! So jealous!

whom are u referring to :D , if it is me, no i dont have one yet.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The thing I like most is the haswell upgrade that dramatically improves battery life- this is what was needed most. Two position stand is also a nice addition as well as the docking station. I obviously haven't tried the new type cover but the fact they continue to improve their design is certainly welcome.

What I'm on the fence about is the 1080p resolution. I thought it looked okay last year but assumed they would bump it up for this years model since everyone else has (2013 nexus 7, Kindle Fire Hd(x), etc). It is a smaller screen so its not a deal breaker, but a little disappointing considering what else is out there.

I was also hoping they would lower the price and/or include the type cover this year. I know its high quality and has solid specs blah blah, but look at the new wave of win 8 laptops coming out at really good prices. Its probably only a matter of time before they knock $100 off the price since these aren't poised to do much better than last year.

farskija

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I like what I see, why is the dock so expensive?

I guess it does more than the foam cup in my avatar (and the PlayBook for that matter) but $200? does it make the surface fly?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Not that impressed with the SP2, would have liked a reduction in weight and thickness and also updates to the design (round off the sharp edges), updated cameras and dual mics. Haswell upgrade was expected. Also would have liked to have seen magnets added so the covers could attach to the chassis instead of dangling underneath, very inelegant.

The accessories on the other hand, are exciting and show real improvements from the originals and are the highlight of the Surface range for me. Passing on this for the XPS11 or something closer to 11".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss