Issue with surface screen

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If you ratchet the brightness up to max in a room that has poor lighting, yes. It's a problem all LCDs have.

Oh, it's not at max brightness and you're not in a room with poor lighting?
Send it in for repair/replacement.

minhthanhvn

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
1/3 of max brightness, and the light in the picture, I can read a book with it. I will go to Microsoft store tomorrow, and let them see that. However, I just talked with a Microsoft representative. He said it was normal? So how can I tell them that it's critical like you say?

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the SP1 or 2, but it's hard for one to know.

-> IPS glow is a normal effect on all 4 corner of the screen. It's a limitation on IPS panels. Many confuses it with back light bleeding.
-> Cameras amplifies back light bleeding and IPS glow effect greatly. You need to get a proper digital camera and set it to manual, and properly configure it to take a picture that looks exactly what you see.
-> Back light bleeding on IPS panels is only expected to be visible on entry level IPS panels normally on desktops... I don't know on tablets... it could be a common issue due to the size. of the device.
I mean look how thick a high-end consumer grade IPS panel is:

OriginalJPG

So it could be... to some levels.

But if that picture is correct, it sure doesn't look good at all.
That looks like a TN panel, in terms of back light bleeding.

freshfelicio

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
My SP2 is exactly like your photo too, but only when booting. It seems like while booting it has maximum brightness and when Windows is loaded it sets the brightness to what had before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon