Play games on my Surface Pro 2 using a external monitor

igorpaes

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I'm using Surface Pro 2 as my main computer, but I see a problem when playing games like DC Universe Online and Batman Arkham Origins. When the play the games on Surface, the experience is perfect, no lags, when I use a monitor, the game features a small lag even when I set the the lowest quality. Have tests multiple HDMI cables and 3 monitors, the problem is the same. To play the games, I have set a very low resolution and no full screen. What can I do to solve this problem?

Ps.: the problem occurs when I use both the display port and a dock station (model Plugable UD-3900). The HDMI cable is up to version 1.8.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the monitors you have are not the best for gaming? I don't know just an idea. Look up your monitors' specs and compare them to a monitor that might be better rated for gaming.

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
igorpaes, you are using Intel integrated graphics. Essentially a free GPU. You are asking too mush out of it. It doesn't fully support DirectX, or OpenGL, has trouble with 1080p videos, still uses drivers that needs to be specifically compatible with software else the software in question (the ones that uses the GPU, like games, and 3D software) might not work properly, and doesn't use a driver that works with everything you throw at it. And multiple monitors is still something that Intel is trying to grasp. It sucks, but what can you do. We are all in the same boat.

That won't change until consumers demand dedicated GPUs, which will force manufactures to push in implement dedicated GPUs, which will make Nvidia and AMD focus on efficient low power mobile design chips, so that you can put them in a tablet like the Surface Pro and non-gaming laptops. For example: look at the Tegra K1. That CPU+GPU, which features a full GeForce 600 series, and beats Intel best offering, is 5W (with the CPU). It doesn't need cooling. Imagine that (just the GPU part of it) in the Surface Pro. But that won't happen any time soon.

Anyway. That aside. Be sure to set your external monitor as your main monitor, and only monitor. In other works, do Win+P, and select "Second screen only". Is it better now?
If not, there is nothing else you can do.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99