Virtual onscreen touchpad for desktop mode

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Was sitting on the sofa being lazy. Couldn't be bothered to get up to get keyboard or mouse and thought it be great if there was an onscreen virtual touchpad for desktop mode for those pesky small icons/buttons etc.

Did a quick search, found and installed, amazing :)

TouchMousePointer - virtual touchpad (on-screen mouse)

You can resize, configure buttons etc, SP2 just became a whole lot more functional.

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Was sitting on the sofa being lazy. Couldn't be bothered to get up to get keyboard or mouse and thought it be great if there was an onscreen virtual touchpad for desktop mode for those pesky small icons/buttons etc.

You can resize, configure buttons etc, SP2 just became a whole lot more functional.

But you still need to get up to turn the 'puter on. Unless you enabled WOL.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have installed that before works great! I'll have to download it again. You should check out "Mouse Without Borders" if you're interested in controlling the mouse and keyboard on multiple computers from another computer.

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I have installed that before works great! I'll have to download it again. You should check out "Mouse Without Borders" if you're interested in controlling the mouse and keyboard on multiple computers from another computer.

I was using Unified Remote on my Nexus 7 before. Works great too but keyboard with touch is still like no other. I have the logitech K400.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand. This thread is listed on the Surface Pro 2 forums so you are sitting on your couch with your Surface Pro 2 and you download/install software to make your touch screen experience better on your Surface Pro 2, to control remotely, another computer. So you don't have to connect a mouse or a keyboard to your SP2? How is it better?

May I ask, what is the use case?

Last edited:

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand. This thread is listed on the Surface Pro 2 forums so you are sitting on your couch with your Surface Pro 2 and you download/install software to make your touch screen experience better on your Surface Pro 2, to control remotely, another computer. So you don't have to connect a mouse or a keyboard to your SP2? How is it better?

May I ask, what is the use case?

Touchmousepointer is fantastic as you don't have to attach a mouse and its MUCH easier than touching the screen to close progams etc as the X is too small even with 150 scaling. The other one is not too useful IMO unless you have 2 computers and want to drag and drop from one to the other eg surface and desktop in which case file transfer is super easy.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

This works really well! I'm glad I stumbled across your post. I think I like it better than the trackpad on my sp3. It'll be nice to use when I use Miracast to project to my second screen too when I don't have a mouse hooked up.

Last edited:

Olumide Max

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Also there is another better alternative named appymouse. i have been using this app for a long time and i think is better because of the transparency and design

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos