Surface Pro 3 deals here!

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
So you're in the market for a surface pro 3? Lets start this thread for deals you find everywhere to get one.

For starters, this is the best I have so far

Microsoft store 10% student discount (they don't ask for ID's or emails!)
+
Fatwallet 8% cash back offer
=
18% off

$934.80 for a 125gb core i5 with type cover

Lets see if anyone can beat that or find something else! :)

NOTE: Fatwallet cash back ends today!! (6/15)

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Good find. I didn't know MS doesn't verify student account. If I knew this, I would've used student discount + $100 code when I did the pre-order on the first day! :-( I went ahead and ordered another SP3. My original i5/256GB is $1199. But with a 10% discount, I can get it for $1169, save another $30...why not. At this point, if I do get the Fatwallet cash back, it'll be bonus savings for me.

Oh well, I didn't know about the Fatwallet cash back. I read Fatwallet's website, seems like you need to click "Shop now" link from their website, and just continue through the purchase like you normally would. Hope it works.

Kyle Baker2

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Good deal. I wish I would have known about it when I ordered. I used fatwallet for a lenovo laptop back in like 2008. It took a month or so to actually get the cash back if I remember.

jakebake

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
So I did the 10% discount but want to use the fatwallet deal. It wont allow me to preorder another device with the student discount. How to I cancel my previous preorder and order another one? All I can find on the Microsoft store in my order is "request a return" and it just brings me to the information on the process. I shouldn't have to call or chat with a rep to cancel a preorder that hasn't even charged?

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I should mention too. Need to go to the msft student store website and put your items in the cart. Then open another browser to go to fatwallet, click thru there to Microsoft and just go straight to the cart you'll find your discounted items there.

jakebake

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok I figured out how to get the student discount to work again and ordered the i5/256 model. With the 8% cash back I am willing to purchase this over the i5/128. Anyways I did what you said and added it to my cart then went through fatwallet and ordered. However, in fatwallet it doesn't show anything about the cash back or the offer going through. How do I know it worked or if it didn't work why not?

Yonic Boom

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
When I try to place the order I get:

We are experiencing technical difficulties. Please contact customer service for assistance.​

Bummer. I wonder if it's not letting me preorder two of the same device for some insane reason?

Yonic Boom

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I called support and got them to place the order for me. The first agent I spoke with did ask for an EDU email, which I do have but was having trouble getting into. I called back once I had access and the second agent I spoke to didn't ask for it, so your mileage may vary with that, but have an EDU address ready just in case.

jakebake

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Ah ok. Yeah I got the 10% off to work but cant get fat wallet to work! The link opens up the microsoft store and I go through check out and then nothing :(
Wonder if microsoft would help or if I have to talk to fat wallet

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Blackjack55345

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've never used Fatwallet, but from what I've read, Microsoft has to report the purchase to Fatwallet. It's under Fatwallets FAQ. Just be patient and it should show up. It won't show up during the checkout process with Microsoft.

"While most merchants report in just a few days, others may take up to 2 weeks from the shipping date. Nothing will show in your account until the merchant reports to us, so please do not worry (or send a support request) until 2 weeks after your entire order has been shipped."

jakebake

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Its nice to know some people still read lol. But the crappy thing about that though is if it didnt work the deal will be over. But I did it with the i5 256 so hopefully it worked cause the deals too good to pass up! Ive never used fat wallet before either. Once its in my account can you just send the cash as a check or into your account?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb