Does the Surface Pro 3 Come with Office?

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the Surface Pro 3 for my son for college. He went to Best Buy to look at it and they told him that it doesn't come with Office. Is this correct?
If not, is there any type of student discount?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the Surface Pro 3 for my son for college. He went to Best Buy to look at it and they told him that it doesn't come with Office. Is this correct?

It does come with the Office suite as well as Outlook. All Surface products do.

Edit: Whoops. Apparently I'm mistaken. See below ;)

Last edited:

jonty12

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It does NOT come with Office. The Surface does, the Pro does not. It comes with a limited trial that would then have to be activated.

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is correct. It doesn't come with MS Office. However, since he is a student you can get Office 365 University which is a 4 year license that allows it to be installed on two computers (windows or mac). This version is only $80 for the four year license, compared to $99 for a 1 year license of Office 365 Personal.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
You can activate the version of Office that is installed by purchasing Office365 Home Premium for $99/year which allows activation on 5 PCs and 5 Tablets or Office365 Personal $69/year which allows 1 PC and 1 Tablet

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You can also check with your employer as well. Microsoft has what is called a Home Use Program (HUP). If your company offers it, you can get a really big discount on it. Office Professional Pro 2013 for $9.95. You can install and activate it on up to two devices. Check with your company's benefits manager or IT guy for the program code.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Have him check with his school to see if they offer free (or highly subsidized) MS software. The last two universities I attended allowed students to get a free copy of Win8, MS Office, etc.

Green Onion

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm a student! There's a 10% discount on both the machine and the type cover; and Office, like has been said, is $80 for four years on two devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion