Hey Guys recommend me some apps for my Surface Pro 3

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I know that the Windows store isn't quite there yet with apps, but van you guys recommend me some good alls for use with my SP3.
Need-Chat Apps
-Fitness Apps
-Manga /Book readers
And any other random good apps you can think of

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I know that the Windows store isn't quite there yet with apps, but van you guys recommend me some good alls for use with my SP3.
Need-Chat Apps
-Fitness Apps
-Manga /Book readers
And any other random good apps you can think of

Wish I could help you on that list. I too think the Windows store is still lacking badly, at the risk of getting flamed for that comment. I just don't find myself using many of them though I WANT to. To me, the best "app" is the "modern" IE. Totally love it. I use the mail app, NextGen reader (for Feedly), Kindle, Audible, Flipboard. There is no excuse for "touch" friendly Office not being out yet. I have an iPad Mini needed for work/troubleshoot issues for people with them at work. I really do not like iOS but I find myself going to it more because of "apps."

That said, my SP3 is my go to device. Just totally love it.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Wish I could help you on that list. I too think the Windows store is still lacking badly, at the risk of getting flamed for that comment. I just don't find myself using many of them though I WANT to. To me, the best "app" is the "modern" IE. Totally love it. I use the mail app, NextGen reader (for Feedly), Kindle, Audible, Flipboard. There is no excuse for "touch" friendly Office not being out yet. I have an iPad Mini needed for work/troubleshoot issues for people with them at work. I really do not like iOS but I find myself going to it more because of "apps."

Oh. My. God. This device is awesome. I've used Windows 8 before and I've never felt the need to use metro. Now though, and the alls and design and stuff. OMG.

bsmithphoto13

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I use

Nextgen reader for my news feeds that I follow.

Tweetium for twitter.

Comixology and kindle for reading.

Poki for my pocket account.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

1) The OP did not say the Store was "lacking badly" so how exactly do you think "too" on that subject? Seems to be your words, not theirs.
2) I guess you work on the touch Office program for Microsoft? Otherwise, how exactly do you know there is no excuse for it not being out?

katmandoo122

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Not one of the categories you specified but I've been REALLY impressed with KVAD Photo. I'll probably buy the Pro version for $4 and not bother loading Elements onto my SP3.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
hyper for youtube - I don't even bother with the website anymore

movie showtime

clouder! - soundcloud client

tweetium

reddit to go - hasn't been updated in a while, but still the best reddit client out there.

reddhubV2 is also pretty good

amazing lock screen

flipboard

instapic

iheartRADIO

wallpapers NOW

book bazaar reader - great ebook reader

latlazer

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to whoever started this nice thread. However,I can't seem to get Hyper for Youtube on my Lumia 1520. I have it for my tablet and I love it, but it doesn't appear in the store on my 1520.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So, I see some complaining about lack of "apps" - really the best thing about Windows 8.1, is that it has a full web browser IE11. If there is any app you really need (sim card phone apps excluded), all you need to do is go to the website, and pin it to your start screen, some websites even support live tiles (wpcentral.com included).

That being said, for the most part, games seem to be the most used apps on other platforms. The beauty of the SP3, is that your not limited to mobile games. You can install emulators for game systems, you can install steam, and play full PC games (on low settings), you can even connect an Xbox controller. The store has a ton of games as well (gameloft seems to be launching their games cross platform now). Some of the crap games people are addicted to (candy crush, etc.) are not available, but you could always play the game through Facebook website (again, full PC).

Modern UI apps I recommend:
Filebrick - Modern File explorer, can tap into every cloud storage site I know of.
IM+ - for Google Chat if you don't want to use desktop
HereMaps
Hyper (amazing, you can download audio/video for offline playback)
Zillow (real estate listings)
PRadio (Pandora 3rd party app)
Outcoldplayer (stream your Google music through an app)
VLC (works pretty good now)
XBOX Music (stream free music, pretty much any album/song you want, can't see how anyone could complain about it)
Flipboard
Weave (similar to Flipboard)
Drawboard (amazing PDF markup app, works flawlessly with stylus)
Photoroom (decent photo editing)
fotor (decent photo editing)
WatchESPN
NFL Rewind
NFL Sunday Ticket
Sports Illustrated
OneCalendar (Google Calendar)
Freshpaint
Facebook

dclaryjr

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I just paid for an i3 this weekend--should have it soon (from Navy Exchange). I was a little concerned because my phone (Lumia 1520) is definitely missing some apps I use regularly on my iPad, but the fact that can run full IE alleviates much of that concern. I'm really looking forward to it!

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Next Gen Reader (feedly)
Netflix (looks better on this device than any other I've ever used)
Audible
Wunderlist
NFL Now
Kindle
WSJ
Box

Those are the ones I use the most.

The ones I have but just are not that great for this are
Facebook
Evernote (they REALLY need to step up their game for this device)
Calendar
Email

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills