New Graphic Driver

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I was bored and decided to check for updates. Guess what! Microsoft put out new graphic drivers for my i7 SP3!
Intel(R) HD Graphics 5000
Ver: 10.18.10.3960

Sadly, it over wrote the driver from Intel (ver 15.36.7.64.3960) that I downloaded awhile ago, and it reset my custom profile in the "Intel HD Graphics Control Panel" (I set it to just below the maximum battery life since I use this thing quite a bit while away from an outlet).

I'm going to try out the Microsoft ones for awhile to see how they perform.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Found that the battery was draining faster than before. But I also found the cause. The brightness was stuck at 100%, and the computer wasn't doing it's auto adjust brightness. Also found a bug in trying to turn on auto brightness, that it was stuck in the "off" setting.

The fix was: Run the control panel 'troubleshooting", "Improve Power Usage" (fix automatically). Then: Charms bar, Settings, Change PC Settings, PC and Devices, Power and sleep. The "Adjust my screen brightness automatically" was greyed out and stuck Off. Select "PC Info", then back to "Power and sleep" and then "Adjust my screen brightness automatically" is selectable again, turn "On".

Oddly, I could only get it work, if I had done all the above steps in that order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077