Touchscreen not responding?

The1Weapon

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Very recently, I've been having this issue where the touch input on my surface is really spotty. It works for about 90% of the screen, but there's a section of my screen on my Surface Pro 3 toward the bottom edge (spanning across 80 percent of the screen going from left to right as far as I've been able to tell), that just simply doesn't respond to touch input. Pen input is fine. Using my mouse is fine. But for instance, trying to use Modern IE with touch alone has become a pain as I can't click any of my bookmarks and favorites with my finger, and I can rarely get the address bar to respond as well.

Not that it has to be this specific place on your screen, but I was wondering if anyone else was having problems like this and how they've solved them. I tried cleaning the screen, calibrating the screen, resetting the calibration on the screen, and restarts of the system, all to no avail on this one portion of the screen. The funny thing is, though it may take a few touches to get the bottom part of the screen to register, I can still get it to work during calibration, but if it's anything else, it almost completely won't respond to touch input on those sections of the screen.

LinT

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issue. I exchanged my first one because of it. Now it happens maybe once every two weeks. A reboot fixes it for me every time. Kind of annoying... but happens rare enough.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried doing a "Scan for hardware changes" in Device Manager? Ignore whether or not there are/were any changes and just run it. Sometimes just clicking in the device window (right-hand window of Device Manager) will reactivate touch.

The1Weapon

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I tried the doing the hardware changes thing, but that didn't do anything. I'm thinking I'll take it in and get it checked out. I love my SP3 and just want it to work well and as it should all of the time (I've had to deal with the WiFi issue since Day 1, and now this).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3