Please Help me decide SP3 i3 or SP1

bonocol

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I currently owned an SP1, but I want to upgrade to an SP3, the i5 it's an obvious upgrade from an SP1, but I dont believe my needs justified an i5, so I'm settled on SP3 i3, but since it's a lower processor than the SP1 I feel that I am downgrading, What do you guys think? am I upgrading or downgrading?

here are my needs
*web surfing at home (mail,facebook,news sites)
*One Note ( I'm an estimator so I use the pen a lot)
*I dont have need for big storage, I'm no concerned about it
*I dont use heavy processing programs, ( biggest programs I need Word and Adobe reader)

bonocol

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I know BB, Microsoft and other retailers will be slashing $100 off i5 models, and I still cant justified getting one, if my use were heavier I will buy the i5

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I love my SP1. That's why I haven't upgraded. However, I would think the i3 SP3 is clearly an upgrade because of the battery life and the larger screen. My uses are mostly for business so the i3 would work fine. However, if I did upgrade I would go with the i5 128GB because I don't mind paying an extra $200 to get some performance insurance.

rynoa

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't have experience with the SP1, but I have the i3 SP3 and it is fast enough for my needs. I do all of what you mentioned and some more demanding tasks and it works just fine. It sometimes slows down a little (nothing dramatic) when I have 800 page textbook pdfs open and hop around a lot between annotating in the pdf and onenote. Not a big deal and it sounds like you won't even be doing that much. I'm very happy with the i3. But I also have a good desktop PC, so the i3 is just an addition to that.

bonocol

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't have experience with the SP1, but I have the i3 SP3 and it is fast enough for my needs. I do all of what you mentioned and some more demanding tasks and it works just fine. It sometimes slows down a little (nothing dramatic) when I have 800 page textbook pdfs open and hop around a lot between annotating in the pdf and onenote. Not a big deal and it sounds like you won't even be doing that much. I'm very happy with the i3. But I also have a good desktop PC, so the i3 is just an addition to that.

Thanks, I needed someone with an i3 experience to tell me is good enough for what I need, that's why I decided for the i3, my workload is not heavy, I'm always using one or two apps at a time, pdf files no more than 10 pages, basically I just need to upgrade my pencil and paper, LOL, so I rather buy the i3 and use that money for the keyboard and Microsoft complete warranty

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium