Keyboard not working AGAIN (fully)

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
So downloaded the latest firmware and now, on my keyboard, none of the command keys at the very top of keyboard work. Settings, Share, brightness for keyboard, etc. None of them work.

EVERY time there is some new download something gets worse or broken on my machine. My machine never used to heat up in the back. Now it does all the time. Fan really never came on. Now it does all the time.

Anyone else experience issues with the keyboard top row of keys not working?

Getting extremely frustrated. I was a lucky one I guess..when machine came out 1st day I didn't have any issues. Now with all these "fixes" it's getting worse and worse.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Just curious since you seem to be an early adopter with software induced issues per your post, but have you done a complete rebuild yet reloading the OS image and updates to see if that takes care of the bugs you have?

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by that? I have been updating as has been sent to my SP3 as required. With each update, it's gotten worse. Having to wipe and start over would seem to be way more difficult given I am coming from Mac and really haven't been a Windows user in a few years.

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I have removed device from list, reattached. It reloaded the software. Again the entire top row of keys do not work. All the shortcut keys are not working. Cannot adjust brightness of keyboard, etc.

I'm stuck as to what to do at this point. I REALLY do not want to do a fresh boot for a keyboard issue if that can be helped at all.

I have installed all latest updates fully as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb