iTunes on Surface Pro 3?

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How well does iTunes work on the Surface Pro 3? I want to be able to watch video podcasts and iTunes movies on the tablet. I was thinking of purchasing an iPad, but I think this would be the best of both worlds. I love my Surface RT, but I need something with more capabilities and it will work better for meeting notes at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b_plus

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
You can install iTunes on your PC (on your Surface Pro 3), However it will be better to purchase whatever you want from Xbox music/Xbox video instead of iTunes because if you buy anything from Microsoft it will be accessible to your Microsoft account (the same account that you use to login Windows) and because of that you can access to your items on your Xbox, you Phone (iPhone, Windows, Android) and your PCs whenever you want!

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I will consider that. I just prefer iTunes, because I can download it and play it back offline. Can you do that with Xbox Video? I have tried XBox Music and found it to be way behind Google Music.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I will consider that. I just prefer iTunes, because I can download it and play it back offline. Can you do that with Xbox Video? I have tried XBox Music and found it to be way behind Google Music.

What do you mean "download it and play it back offline?" When it's downloaded, it's on the device, therefore offline

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was asking as to whether Xbox video is stream only or if you have the ability to download for offline play. I am sorry that you did not comprehend that.

b_plus

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
If you have enough space, it will automatically download whatever you buying no matter what if it's music or video. If you don't have enough space it just gets a backup to your cloud (Microsoft account) so you can use it online or you can download it later for your offline usage whenever you want.

b_plus

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
If you have enough space for your Music/Video, It will be download on your device however if you don't have enough space, it will just send a copy of the file to your cloud (Microsoft account) so you can use it online or you can download it whenever you want if your device have enough space for it.

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
It worked on mine, but I deleted it.

What happens is that movies run fine for about 10 minutes and then the words from the actors don't line up with the dialogue itself. I had to stop it, start it again, and then it would be fine...for another 10 minutes. Became so annoying that I just deleted it for good.

I have started purchasing movies from Xbox Store, and they play MUCH better and takes less battery as well.

anon(5719825)

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I've installed iTunes on my SP3 mostly for iTunes Match. I can have my entire 105GB music collection available without actually having it on my computer. You can do the same with your TV show and movie purchases as they will simply stream from the cloud.

I do this also because I have an Apple TV so any purchases can wither be air played from my SP3 to the Apple TV or play them directly on the Apple TV.

Remember, cloud streaming works for anything you have purchased on the iTunes store.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Whatever eco system anyone uses, make sure you end up with files that will play on anything. I got sucked into Apples eco system too much (before DRM restrictions were eased). Regardles of where I buy now, I convert to MP3. I personally then store those on a 128gb micro sd card (along with movies) - as I need them offline. If you don't need offline access, then OneDrive storage works well.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
If you have enough space, it will automatically download whatever you buying no matter what if it's music or video. If you don't have enough space it just gets a backup to your cloud (Microsoft account) so you can use it online or you can download it later for your offline usage whenever you want.
It does not automatically download anything unless you choose that setting in the apps. It also does not make a backup to the cloud. If you do not download, it streams from the Xbox servers - same process as Netflix or Hulu Plus. Theta is why, on rare occasions, if there is a problem on their servers you cannot stream music or video.

vzw8830

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I use iTunes on my surface -prefer over native Xbox apps. Downloaded most of my music collection to a 64gb SD card as I only have the 128gb surface.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I use iTunes on my SP3 as I also buy everything off of iTunes...and it works great for me including watching full screen movies when I'm on a plane.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720