Surface Pro 3 and Windows 10

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
So right now I am considering selling my Surface RT (64 GB) and trying to buy the Surface Pro 3. However, I am hesitant to buy the Surface Pro 3 with the announcement of Windows 10 just around the corner in January. Has there been any announcements as to whether or not the Surface Pro 3 will support Windows 10 and if so, is it prudent to buy one now or should I try and wait until the "Surface Pro 4" is released? Amazon's deal for a $100 gift card is very tempting, but I don't want to jump the gun too early and lose out on a price drop that might be imminent. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to play this game?

Thanks for your time and suggestions!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Surface Pro is a full PC.
You can install whatever you want, including Windows 10. (or Linux, etc.)

Drop that smartphone mentality and think of a PC, which can be practically upgraded indefinitely as long as its capable.

If you like the Pro 3, get it.
If you don't like it and want to see if a Pro 4 brings more, sure you can wait.

Ltauhmise

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Surface Pro 3 has been getting amazing reviews. I'm an owner of the i5 model and use it on a daily basis. Surface Pro runs full 64 bit windows. Treat it like a sleek ultrabook. With that being said--- it seems like MS runs on a 12month cycle for its tablets. The deal MS is running is pretty attractive. If you do end up buying it, you'll be happy with it. Just make sure you don't grab a 64gb model. There's very little storage left on the hard drive if you are trying to install more pc programs. Good luck!

Paul Nicholas

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. I have decided to wait and hope Microsoft announce the pricing of Windows 10 on January 21st. I'd hate to buy a surface pro 3 then find out you have to spend another 100 quid on upgrading it to Windows 10.

What I'm doing is waiting for the surface pro 3 with Windows 10 or the surface pro 4.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Rumors - which I hope are true, suggest Microsoft may expand the Office 365 monthly/annual payment to include Windows. I pay ?7 a month for 5 full copies of Office and unlimited Onedrive space. For me the pay monthly model works well (and cheaper). I also do the same with Adobe CC. ?15 for every bit of productivity software I need and updated for as long as I subscribe.

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I would buy the SP3 now and enjoy it! i know exactly what im doing if windows decide they want to charge me to use windows 10 (im actually running windows 10 atm on my SP3 and its working great) - Adam

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
So right now I am considering selling my Surface RT (64 GB) and trying to buy the Surface Pro 3. However, I am hesitant to buy the Surface Pro 3 with the announcement of Windows 10 just around the corner in January. Has there been any announcements as to whether or not the Surface Pro 3 will support Windows 10 and if so, is it prudent to buy one now or should I try and wait until the "Surface Pro 4" is released? Amazon's deal for a $100 gift card is very tempting, but I don't want to jump the gun too early and lose out on a price drop that might be imminent. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to play this game?

Thanks for your time and suggestions!

There is no such computer as SP4 and will not be until announced which will probably be no earlier than June if past schedules hold true. To wait is to choose something that is not even vaporware. It is no different than people waiting for the Surface Mini that never went to production. Until officially announced it does not exist. As for whether SP3 will support Windows 10, of course it will. That was addressed months ago. The only question is whether it will be free or a purchase. BTW, if a SP4 is announced and released in 2015, it would either not hit the streets until well into the second half of the year (probably 4th quarter) or will ship with Windows 8.1. Windows 10 is still on a release trajectory of "later" in 2015 - based upon past releases that would probably mean October.

Kevin Harvell

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The SP3 will definitely support Windows 10.

The reason most Tech Preview users are not running it on the SP3 units is the fact that the Tech Preview does not currently have the Continuum features implemented that were shown off back in September.

The current Tech Preview, as it stands currently, is designed for desktops and laptops with non removable keyboards. It is no indication of what the full Windows 10 release will be like on the SP3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium