How do you clean Type Cover?

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a Surface Pro 3 and a Type Cover Red and the "cover" part is getting darker and it annoys me
The material is somewhat leather? if I'm not mistaken

Anybody knows how to get it whiter and cleaner again?

of course without damaging it.

Thanks

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
those swipes such as kleenex. i've only tried it on the inside. the outside seems to be more like a cloth so i'm not sure

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've always used water and a microfiber cloth to remove the oil from the keys and the back of the cover. Microsoft actually provides a method of cleaning the different areas on their website:

The Touch Cover and the Type Cover require minimum care to function well. To clean the keyboard, wipe with a lint-free cloth dampened in mild soap and water. Don’t apply liquids directly to Surface. Do this often to keep your Touch Cover or Type Cover looking great.

If the spine or magnetic connections of your cover get dirty or stained, apply a small amount of isopropyl alcohol (also called rubbing alcohol) to a soft, lint-free cloth to clean.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Not a tip on how to clean your cover. But you have just made up my mind about the colour of my next cover - black! Coloured keyboards/covers are all very well, but eventually they will show dirt/marks.

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
HAHA good for you but I find it to be really boring and redundant to have a black tablet and a black keyboard.

Of course it all depends on your preference but
Black and the Dark Blue is professional looking IMO :D

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
HAHA good for you but I find it to be really boring and redundant to have a black tablet and a black keyboard.

I wish I went with red. I bought a black and way too late to exchange it. :/.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on a BlackBerry Passport

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Not a tip on how to clean your cover. But you have just made up my mind about the colour of my next cover - black! Coloured keyboards/covers are all very well, but eventually they will show dirt/marks.

I have a black Touch Cover, some parts turn to white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

I went with the cyan type cover. It's an attention getter and it still looks professional. Besides, it goes with the electric blue MacBook Air 13" sleeve and the cyan Incipio feather case I have for my Icon. I like to color coordinate. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99