What is Your Killer SP3 App?

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
For me, the killer app has been OneNote. Note taking, drawing, sketching, all these things are great on the SP3. OneNote has changed the way we run our IT department, and it has even streamlined some home stuff for my wife and me. I am constantly coming up with new ways to use this application. I have tried the other note taking apps on other platforms, and even my open source, android head IT guys have to admit that MS got it right with OneNote.

What have you been using your SP3 for?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I only have an SP2, and I know your probably talking a "metro" app, but I use the crap out of visual studio and PhotoShop. Either of those would be my killer app (BTW, I'm still using PhotoShop 7 😅 to cheap to upgrade)

What other tablet will let you run software from 10+ years ago?

Last edited:

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
For me, the killer app has been OneNote. Note taking, drawing, sketching, all these things are great on the SP3. OneNote has changed the way we run our IT department, and it has even streamlined some home stuff for my wife and me. I am constantly coming up with new ways to use this application. I have tried the other note taking apps on other platforms, and even my open source, android head IT guys have to admit that MS got it right with OneNote.

Tough one. OneNote should be mine, but MS doesn't have a native BB10 app, and the Android version of OneNote is ugly so Evernote is probably the SP3 app for me. But I'm not a big app person. Mostly use traditional programs such as Office. I don't play games.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry Passport

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site

I agree. I love OneNote. Amazing on my SP3 and syncs with my Lumia 1520/930/1020. I am a student and am easily making amazing notes in my lectures.

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
I only have an SP2, and I know your probably talking a "metro" app, but I use the crap out of visual studio and PhotoShop. Either of those would be my killer app.
Nah, doesn't have to be limited to metro app. I just want to see what people are using their SP3's for. I also love Drawboard, it is starting to supplant PDF Expert on my iPad as my go to PDF annotator. With the last major update, it has become a real top level application.

Jeremy Griffith

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
My favorite app is definitively OneNote. I share my class notebook with all of my students. I also mirror my SP3 to my desktop (using TeamViewer) which is connected to a projector. Anything that is written on my SP3 is saved to our class notebook automatically. I use it every day.

bricenm

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Hands down OneNote...Metro and 2013 desktop versions. I use both for personal and work purposes. I use metro solely for quick handwritten notes or note taking in meetings. Otherwise it's the 2013 desktop version for everything else.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android on BlackBerry Z30

eds817

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
As much as I am trying to use OneNote more I still use Evernote primarily since it allows me to email directly into it from anywhere. We have an all-in-one commercial copier at work and I have my Evernote email address loaded so I can save all me daily purchase orders and debit memos instead of keeping hard copies. OneNote allows this but you have to send from your Outlook email. Maybe they will change this one day.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3