Uninstall Windows 10 TP from SP3

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
After searching online and coming across a variety of conflicting methods to revert the W10 TP with statements like needing a recovery image, or other convoluted solutions, I stumbled upon the most straight-forward, simple way or going back to 8.1.

In the Recovery section of the settings app, there's an extra option to "Revert to a previous version of Windows", or something like that. This is the same settings screen you go to if you want to "refresh" your OS, or do a clean wipe. I don't recall if there was an option to select when installing the preview to save your old OS, but if there's a "windows.old" folder on your C drive, this option may exist for you.

Anyway, just posting this here in case there's anyone else out there who would like to revert/uninstall the Windows 10 tech preview on their Surface, or possibly other device, and go back to 8.1 in less than 10 minutes.

​The preview is great, but losing connected standby and having the battery drain horribly is a bit of a deal-breaker for me. It kind of defeats the purpose of the SP3.

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded it, tried to install, but it failed. Now, I keep getting a message that Technical Preview is ready to install. However, I do not want to install it, and in addition, I do not want to see this notification pop up. Do you or anyone know how to remove it so I do not see it?

Like I said, I downloaded it, tried to install, twice, it failed, and now it keeps asking me to install it. I don't want to but want to get rid of the annoying message.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes