System Firmware Update Failed

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I just did a complete reboot of my system to start fresh. Went through all the updates, and then, when viewing the history, received error message on the firmware update...screenshot attached.

I did another update check but it's not there and doesn't say it attempted and succeeded anywhere again.

Do I need to manually install or will it just pop up again when checking randomly? Screenshot (1).jpg

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Just had the same problem. I ran the update troubleshooter and rebooted. Then did another check for updates and its not even showing as available. I believe the troubleshooter cleared out the update database as I also don't see any updates in the history anymore. Thought about a refresh to try and get the update again, but since that's what you actually did, I'm kind of reluctant. I hope it comes back up over the next few days since its a firmware update.

**Edit**
I installed it from here http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Ta...o-3-Tablet-Firmware-Driver-January-2015.shtml and all seems to be fine.

Last edited:

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok..so I downloaded it but it breaks it into different folders. How do I actually just install all of it at once?

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Download the msi file as then its an installer file that you just have to double click. However, I did find a problem still. The Surface pro touch controller firmware still fails to install properly. There a support thread on it Surface Pro 3 - Missing Surface Pro Touch Controller Firmware after - Microsoft Community. The only problem it really presents is not being able to use the surface hub app, which is mind of a big deal for personalization.

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Download the msi file as then its an installer file that you just have to double click. However, I did find a problem still. The Surface pro touch controller firmware still fails to install properly. There a support thread on it Surface Pro 3 - Missing Surface Pro Touch Controller Firmware after - Microsoft Community. The only problem it really presents is not being able to use the surface hub app, which is mind of a big deal for personalization.

SO checked updates and low and behold the 1/15 firmware update was sitting there...all good now...strange

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
SO checked updates and low and behold the 1/15 firmware update was sitting there...all good now...strange

Wonder if you'll have the problem describe in the support thread I posted? I know I am, and they tried two separate devices yesterday while I was in the Microsoft store. It's aggravating the crap out of me!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3