New build 10049

adamszeto

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I have updated to new techincal preview build 10049. I found it is very hard to scroll a page by swiping two finger on touch pad, such as IE. Anyone is facing this too ?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Every time I've tried the TP on my SP3, my keyboard/touchpad would go 'stupid' when going from active to passive or vice versa, or disconnecting/connecting.

Because of this, and the horrible touch interface, I've only run each major build for a day before I give up and go back to W8.1

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't use a smart cover, but in general i've found build 10049 alot more friendly towards us SP3 owners. Cannot wait to the next update, sounds like its shaping up to be very nice! - Adam

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I haven't done a fresh install of the OS, only upgraded and I find it quite difficult to scroll as well. But what bothers me really (it's the first build I tried longer than one day, which is an improvement!!!) is, that OneNote isn't working as before. I can live with some touch unoptimized (or is it inoptimized??) things and login issues and such things. But I bought an SP3 to make quick (or longer) notes fast and easy, but sometimes the pen doesn't write and only erases or it doesn't erase if I want it to. And the worst thing that happened was, that the pen doesn't work at all and while I was trying to solve this problem, it deleted nearly half an hour of work done... Now it's the question if a fresh install of this build helps or if I should role back?..

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I haven't done a fresh install of the OS, only upgraded and I find it quite difficult to scroll as well. But what bothers me really (it's the first build I tried longer than one day, which is an improvement!!!) is, that OneNote isn't working as before. I can live with some touch unoptimized (or is it inoptimized??) things and login issues and such things. But I bought an SP3 to make quick (or longer) notes fast and easy, but sometimes the pen doesn't write and only erases or it doesn't erase if I want it to. And the worst thing that happened was, that the pen doesn't work at all and while I was trying to solve this problem, it deleted nearly half an hour of work done... Now it's the question if a fresh install of this build helps or if I should role back?..

If you need an assurance an app will work, or have to rely on the machine, the answer is very simple. Roll back to 8.1; pay attention to the warnings and disclaimers; and don't install a TP regardless of how tempting it may seem. It is a test platform, not one meant for production, and use at your own risk is meant to be taken seriously....

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I know that a roleback is the most reliable way and I have no problem with something not working. I just mentioned my opinion about it. I just save my work more often than before and have a notepad by my side, just in case ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3