How to stop thermal throttling

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Download throttlestop (you can look for it on bing)
And then disable turbo boost, it is the bane of the surface pro 3 and adds no real benfits apart heat and slow down, you could then overclock it to 2.0 and it will stay around 70c, mine is around (55c to 65c) 1.9ghz never hear the fan, not even when gaming or designing

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Any updates on this? Curious to see how your battery life is doing and how the performance/fan is doing.

I forget about it being not Plug in now, and last for a good 6 to 9 hours, with using PhotoShop etc, and performance is better then ever, no slow downs and I can use it as a tablet without feeling like my hands are going to burn

wardo5757

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I like the idea of more battery life on my SP3, especially since the W10 upgrade, but my manhood prevents me from disabling any Turbo functionality on anything.....

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I also don't know how to disable turbo boost. I can't find the setting for it. When I search for how to do it, it doesn't match what my system shows.

dmxjago

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I forget about it being not Plug in now, and last for a good 6 to 9 hours, with using PhotoShop etc, and performance is better then ever, no slow downs and I can use it as a tablet without feeling like my hands are going to burn

Thanks for the update, I'm going to try this and test.

dmxjago

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
One more question. Attached is a screenshot of the stop throttling software I downloaded want to make sure this is the correct one. 2nd when i close it the program closes all together and I no longer see it running in the task bar. Does this mean Throttling is back on if I close the app and I need to load the app every time I start windows?

Capture.PNG

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded v 8.00 beta 2. I don't have the batt 100% option nor can I check the Prochot 90C box. Also Mine says C1 and not C9. I'm definitely interested in this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion