MS has become an absolute embarassment!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
FYI HP webOS Touchpad (has a wireless keyboard, case/cover can be a kick stand, a inductive charger base which can be at different angles, QuickOffice with light editing, and PicSil Smart Office). The Touchpad and Surface RT/2 have a lot in common...
John, not to mention you can make/take phone calls plus send & receive SMS on the TouchPad on any phone with Bluetooth MAP. Oh, and also dual boot with Android.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Everyone has problems on every OS. If you only saw the amount of issues people have been having with iphone/macs. There's always going to be a small percentage. Now, I don't know a single person who is having issues with Windows 10, but of course they don't go on the internet to rant about how everything is going well.

It's about calming down and taking some steps to see what is happening. It could be anything really. My friend has an acer with a dual band wifi card. And she was having issues with her wifi for the longest time as she got further away from the wifi router. Yesterday I got the intel update tool it found drivers she needs updated them and then I turned her wifi to only use 2.4ghz spectrum. She's had this issue for the longest time. So it was really her particular hardware not working with her router in a proper manner.

Now if you think you will have better luck with the others, go ahead and switch. And I hope the rant made you feel better.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
There's not questioning MSFT's moves a few years ago. One of the reasons it was time for a change at the top. If you're still complaining about a Surface 2, or Lumia 928, well those pieces of hardware are rather old and you should expect some issues. Remember there were about three OS iterations between those phones and the newest ones. I think MSFT is on the right track now. Any MSFT user feels the pain that you've felt. Heck, I purchased a Surface 3 a few months ago only to realize there are wifi issues with it and have been with the surface series. What I also noticed was the iPad had similar issues and some continue to. I still wouldn't trade my Surface 3 for an iPad because it's simply better. I liked Windows phone 7 and 8 but I like the fact that MSFT is being consistent with a clear vision of where they want to go. I don't blame anyone for wanting to leave, but you might be surprised to experience similar frustrating issues with Apple products and Android, so just be aware that the grass always looks greener until you're standing in it.

syspry

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Sounds a bit like a rant post but I'll put in my 2 cents. I never have and won't buy laptops or any other kind of enclosed type of PC simply because I have never, ever run into a problem on a self-built desktop system that I couldn't easily fix by swapping out parts. If i want mobility with a bigger screen I just buy a tablet that uses a mobile OS and call it a day.

jandevries12

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
MbrDev, better enjoy your Surface 2 while you still can. Now that Windows 10 is out, your apps will not see another update ever. All developers now target Windows 10...

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I would just get a surface 3 and never worry about updates again since it is running full windows and not RT. You could get and iPad or android tablet but c'mon it's full windows! You could get an android emulator and get android apps on your surface.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
colinkima, please explain further?

There's a program called blue stacks which runs a virtual android tablet/phone on the computer. There's a play store app on it so you can download the millions of apps there and since the surface 3 is a touch screen, you can put the program in full screen mode and you'll basically have an android tablet. It's pretty cool because you can do almost everything am android device can.

http://www.bluestacks.com/

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Bluestacks is a half-baked workaround. I can't even call it a solution. If you've ever used it you'd know what I mean.

Sent from my BlackBerry Classic on Tapatalk

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes my Surface Pro 3 heats up, but it's not unbearable. Battery last 6-7 hours of continuous use. Wifi works just fine... Maybe you are all using it wrong. Maybe it's your router that is having issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Moore12

May 9, 2014
Visit site
But you know what - check out the Apple support forums too. For a company that writes its own OS for its own hardware - a controlled and limited subset of hardware - it still has a TON of issues.

All computers have issues no matter who makes them or writes the OS. Good luck switching, you will find similar or different frustrations no matter where you go and whatever you run.

stlbud

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Not as rare as you might think. I bought a tablet when I bought Surface. Now MS has reduced it to a laptop and a clunky clumsy one at that. I need a computer that turns on and is ready to work, not one that needs to be re-re-re-restar-restar-restar-restarted-ed-ed ed every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss