MS has become an absolute embarassment!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Latest update, and my wifi is broken.

It's my understanding that updates FIX issues not create issues. This device has been out for over 1 full year, and yet, Microsoft still can't get their !@#$ together? I mean, this is pathetic.

Battery life is sub par, they have not fixed the overheating issues, hibernation problems, and now, after another round of updates, I have a broken wifi.

Let me be very clear (yes, I am ranting)...There's ZERO chance that I am buying another device from this company. This was my 3rd replacement device to begin with.

It's official..I am going to give the Apple iPad Pro a shot, with the pencil and keyboard. Hell, I'll spend as much as I did on this, and you from my experience, they take care of issues FAST and effectively when they happen, not throw half baked resolutions that some pimple faced intern decided "might" work based on testing 4 devices.

Officially DONE

**apology for spelling error in title... key on keyboard gets stuck as well and doesn't respond..go figure.

bdball

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I feel your pain! I am so fed up with Microsoft for so many reasons. Last week I got a new iPad to replace my Surface 2 which Microsoft just literally abandoned. Next week I will be switching out my Lumia 928 to a iPhone because the new Microsoft phones won't be on Verizon. I have issues with my laptop since going to Windows 10, I have driver issues with my daughters laptop. Both laptops are only about a year old. They will both eventually get replaced by Apple products as well. Meanwhile at work I have a 6 year old iMac that I just updated to the just released version of OSX and it runs great. Microsoft won't be seeing another penny from me.

spasell

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes and No...Yes I did when I got the device and was "proud" to do so. No now because when you have to "start over" EVERY TIME that's pathetic. I mean, let's get real. We are paying $1200-$1500 PLUS Office 365 for some of us, and you have to "Start over" each time there's an update to a device? Really?

Only in this industry can a company get away with that and consumers ACCEPT the BS.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I feel your pain! I am so fed up with Microsoft for so many reasons. Last week I got a new iPad to replace my Surface 2 which Microsoft just literally abandoned. Next week I will be switching out my Lumia 928 to a iPhone because the new Microsoft phones won't be on Verizon. I have issues with my laptop since going to Windows 10, I have driver issues with my daughters laptop. Both laptops are only about a year old. They will both eventually get replaced by Apple products as well. Meanwhile at work I have a 6 year old iMac that I just updated to the just released version of OSX and it runs great. Microsoft won't be seeing another penny from me.

I am sorry to hear your horrible experiences. But statistically your case is very rare.

bdball

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what statistics you are talking about. I'm sure Windows Phone 7 users and Zune users had the same issues I have with Surface 2 in that they were pretty much abandoned. Anyone wanting a new Windows Phone on Verizon will soon be out of luck, so I don't know what statistics you are talking about there either. And the laptop forums are filled with people going back to Windows 8.1 because of problems.

homeedition88

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it is always like that in MS. Like Vista then 8 now 10. I bought a lumia 700 something and after 4 months later ms released new os for windows and my phone didn't get update. I bought surface rt (Which is the most disaster product I have ever bought) and it died very quickly (not only getting update but also no apps to install in the market and no windows x86 support)*

I got present from my wife the SP3 and after some update it worked fine with 8.1 but now with 10 it is again bugs and problems. Shame on you m.s

*Anyone remember the presentation for RT. They said it is the same windows bla bla :asleep:

Geodude074

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what statistics you are talking about. I'm sure Windows Phone 7 users and Zune users had the same issues I have with Surface 2 in that they were pretty much abandoned. Anyone wanting a new Windows Phone on Verizon will soon be out of luck, so I don't know what statistics you are talking about there either. And the laptop forums are filled with people going back to Windows 8.1 because of problems.

I can totally picture Surface 2 owners sitting on the curb, crying, as the Microsoft bandwagon leaves them behind ahaha.

Man do I feel sorry for you. When the Surface 2 came out, I immediately knew it was an overpriced PoS since it ran Windows RT and would get dropped. At the same time, OEMs were already coming out with Windows x86 tablets, so why did Microsoft go another round with RT? Silly Microsoft.

Sometimes I wonder what Microsoft did with their $1 billion surplus of Surface RT inventory. Did they bury it in the desert somewhere? I check eBay now and then and I'm still not finding any new-in-box Surface RTs for $100 like I had hoped.

mbrdev

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site

I still have a Surface RT and Surface 2. Both still work as they did when I bought them. Both are still great devices. I really don't know why anyone has such big problems about them, I got them to watch Netflix, read the news, browse the web and do the odd bit of typing every now and then. What's the big deal that they won't get updated?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Which surface pro 3 model do you have?

The i7 model was known to have over heating issues... and are you running on W10 or W8.x?

Apparently W8.x does have WiFi issues on certain device configurations and not to mention those pesky marvel chips aren't that reliable either.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I think MS has only become an embarrassment in the smart phone circle. Otherwise, MS is doing just fine. They are innovating new uncharted territory like Hololens and setting trends with the 2-n-1 Surface Pro 3. It's really saying something when Apple is copying Microsoft nowadays.

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Ah yes, a multi-billion dollar company that is responsible for many of the technological advancements and privileges we enjoy today is an embarrassment... because one customer is unhappy with a product.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

I mean, you are still using WP7 (while many are using WP 8.1) and Surface 2 (while many are using Surface Pro / Surface 3). It is expected that Microsoft has minimal support for these platforms.

As for the bugs of Windows 10, they are not critical for me. I am using Windows 10 for my daily work. I know some users are experiencing more serious problems and they are reporting in forums. But still most users have their Windows 10 running properly but they would not report their good experiences in forums.

I think most of the problems are hardware compatibility issues. I think Microsoft should not allow these computers to upgrade until they have fixed all the hardware-related problems.

Threshold 2 will be much improved.

Last edited:

John Steffes

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I mean, you are still using WP7 (while many are using WP 8.1) and Surface 2 (while many are using Surface Pro / Surface 3). It is expected that Microsoft has minimal support for these platforms.

As for the bugs of Windows 10, they are not critical for me. I am using Windows 10 for my daily work. I know some users are experiencing more serious problems and they are reporting in forums. But still most users have their Windows 10 running properly but they would not report their good experiences in forums.

I think most of the problems are hardware compatibility issues. I think Microsoft should not allow these computers to upgrade until they have fixed all the hardware-related problems.

Threshold 2 will be much improved.

Surface RT 64G/Pro 2 user here... My Surface RT is running fine, was great, but the new Start Menu blanks out once in a while a restart of the explorer process fixes it (or log off, log on)... The Surface RT/2 might not be the best choice for all, but for users who want to browse, consume, produce (with full Office 2013 RT), it still rocks... My Surface Pro 2 upgraded to Windows 10, never looked back... Is it perfect no, but getting there in time... The issue is why does Microsoft walk away from things, this is webOS all over again... They had a good product Surface RT/2 really can work for a lot of people.. Apps, well unless Microsoft were to produce those, Developers are for profit, and mass market is the capitalist ticket to a gold rush... So Apple copied the Surface RT/2 idea (made it bigger, with Pen (Pencil sorry), dock keyboard)... Well my Surface RT connects to my Surface Pro 2 Dock (with a USB cable), works well. If they just added the Wacom Digitizer to the Surface 2... When they said they took the screen they made better for the Surface Pro 2, and the put it on the Surface 2... Wow would that have been great... The aspect ratio of the Surface RT/2/Pro 2 for me is great, the size of the device is perfect... What a waste of what could have been...

FYI HP webOS Touchpad (has a wireless keyboard, case/cover can be a kick stand, a inductive charger base which can be at different angles, QuickOffice with light editing, and PicSil Smart Office). The Touchpad and Surface RT/2 have a lot in common...

Jas Holden

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Well personally, I thank the Phone Goddess everyday that she revealed the Truth to me, Lumia 1520 Rules the earth.

And Win10 on my pair of Dell Venue 8 Pro tablets is nice too.

homeedition88

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand when somebody said dissatisfaction about a corporate like m.s. I miss "Customers always right" days. :)

Think like that almost every week new productivity apps pop up for Ipad's and for android. On the other hand new developer tools are comes first Mac's. Windows has a lot of power over business but still it doesn't mean because it is the best. Basically it is the cheapest option.

Think; IE for a sec. It is still a problem for web developer and business and for customers. Doesn't reliable, crash and so on.

Surface RT had a lot of problems. I bought it when it released and that time you couldn't use it's on screen keyboard because touches registered very late. Couldn't swipe from top to close apps. After a year when it finally works which I as a owner expect it work for the first day. And now it died. No update means no new apps like new twitter app for windows 10. Why should I believe for other products from m.s

Now I have Surface Pro 3 and after almost a year later it finally works well with windows 8.1 but with windows 10 it is not reliable anymore. I can't take it with me to my customer office because sudden fan noise, battery drain, right click registered touch, onenote inconsistency. It isn't fair. Every new CEO head to another direction and we suffered for their decision. Why? I don't care about m.s success or future. I care about my future and my families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3