How do I use Audio Jack as Line In?

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
If not, can you recommend a low cost stereo USB line in...

all of the ones I run into that aren't overpriced keep turning out to only have a mono line and and a surround sound audio out, when in actuality I want a high quality line and and dont need audio out at all.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Are you looking for a cable with 3.5mm TRS (3 conductor for stereo) phone plug on each end (this means stereo mini headphone plug on each end) or a cable with 3.5mm TRS phone plug on one end and RCA stereo (red and white) plugs on the other end (for plugging mini headphone into rear of large audio receiver)? In the US Radio Shack, Best Buy, Target and Wal-mart should all have these. Online check Monoprice or Amazon.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Are you looking for a cable with 3.5mm TRS (3 conductor for stereo) phone plug on each end (this means stereo mini headphone plug on each end) or a cable with 3.5mm TRS phone plug on one end and RCA stereo (red and white) plugs on the other end (for plugging mini headphone into rear of large audio receiver)? In the US Radio Shack, Best Buy, Target and Wal-mart should all have these. Online check Monoprice or Amazon.

I'm sorry, i have no idea what TRS means.. But I can go in depth

I want one end to have a 3.5mm line in jack to receive an audio signal from my Yamaha keyboard, and the other end to be Usb to plug into the side of my Surface Pro 3... Not RCA stereo

The devices on Amazon that go by the set up I have described with names like "usb sound card" & "usb audio adapter" all seem to have their mic line in jacks as Mono, while the jack for audio output is stereo...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001M...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3244477

The link above is essentially what I need, but sadly it along with the millions of others on Amazon similar to it only support Mono input

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ah, I see. Lots of those mini adapters are setup for mono microphone in and stereo out only. TRS is Tip, Ring, Sleeve...easy to see on a male 3.5mm plug to know it's stereo. A quick look on Monoprice shows nothing. There was a USB hub with stereo 3.5mm plugs but those might be pass thru only.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Ah, I see. Lots of those mini adapters are setup for mono microphone in and stereo out only. TRS is Tip, Ring, Sleeve...easy to see on a male 3.5mm plug to know it's stereo. A quick look on Monoprice shows nothing. There was a USB hub with stereo 3.5mm plugs but those might be pass thru only.

What do you mean by pass through only? Do you mean the USB hub you saw could only accept input and not output or... I apologize for my lack of knowledge on this.. I'm not exactly an audio equipment expert.

Do you have any suggestion as to what I could do? Essentially I just need a my 3.5mm male plug to connect to my Surface and have my Surface receive audio through it. So if there are other accessories that can help me do this, I am all ears. The 3.5mm audio jack on the SP3 seems to support a headset with a mic, just plain headphones, but not just a mic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism