New Pro 3 Owner - Questions/Issues with OneDrive and Battery - Help Please!

misterpunn

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I recently bought a refurbished Surface Pro 3 (i5, 8GB, 256 model with Windows 10,) and I have two key issues that I'm trying to figure-out if they're common problems or if they're just my unit and therefore should return it.

1.) OneDrive: My Surface can't connect to OneDrive unless I use the OneDrive app (OneDrive in file explorer doesn't work at all.) However, even when using the app, it looks like my OneDrive only recognizes office files...when it comes to pictures or videos, it just shows the generic picture icon and doesn't actually load or connect. Is this normal? If not, how do I fix it?

2.) Battery: My Battery (fully charged) with no apps running, says I have 3 hours of usage left. I know not to expect the 9 hours claimed in the specs, but 3 seems extremely low, especially when I don't have programs or apps running.

I searched the forums on these topics and couldn't come to any clear conclusions or identify other issues that exactly matched mine. Additionally, I have downloaded and installed the most current system updates, and these issues remain.

Any help would be much appreciated. I only have 30 days to return this, so whatever I can help to make a decision would be helpful. Thank you!

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
is the device updated tot he latest version of windows along with the store apps?

battery life fixes have been introduced in firmware fixes and i suggest you to manually check for updates.

misterpunn

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response! I did have everything fully updated, installed, and restarted my surface before I wrote my post and I was still experiencing the issues. However, when I woke up this morning, everything magically started working. OneDrive now works, and it said something like 7hrs on the full charge. I'll have to use it to see how fast it drains, but at least for now, I think my concerns are gone.

anon(9637269)

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the response! I did have everything fully updated, installed, and restarted my surface before I wrote my post and I was still experiencing the issues. However, when I woke up this morning, everything magically started working. OneDrive now works, and it said something like 7hrs on the full charge. I'll have to use it to see how fast it drains, but at least for now, I think my concerns are gone.
Hiya! Any update on this? Or battery problem is fixed? Thanks!

misterpunn

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I just came back to this thread now. OneDrive works properly, but the battery is pretty erratic. For instance, last night, I was working on updating my Garmin and then once that was done, I was doing some fairly simple web surfing and PowerPoint work, and the full battery drained to about 20% in about two hours. I had an update install last night before I shut down, though, so hopefully that will be better. Like I said, though, the only consistent thing about the battery is that it's very erratic despite fairly consistent type of usage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos