Will iPad Pro disrupt the Surface market? (think again...)

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
The iPad Pro will be a niche product mostly used by creative professionals in my opinion, much like the Mac Pro. It is way too big and way to expensive when you add in the accessories to be an impulse buy. I think the Surface Pro 4 will easily beat the iPad Pro sales, but overall when you add all the iPad models, I think they will still sell more than the Surface line. Just my two cents.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
The iPad Pro will be a niche product mostly used by creative professionals in my opinion, much like the Mac Pro. It is way too big and way to expensive when you add in the accessories to be an impulse buy. I think the Surface Pro 4 will easily beat the iPad Pro sales, but overall when you add all the iPad models, I think they will still sell more than the Surface line. Just my two cents.

My guess is iPad Pro outsells all Surface devices within several months.

The competition between Apple and Microsoft is indeed not a fair game because Apple's products almost always sell well. To beat Apple in terms of sales, Microsoft has to offer products which are 10 times better.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The iPad Pro isn't functional enough to be used professionally by digital artists. It's not a PC. It's a big iPad with a pen.
Even though it has "Pro'" in the name, it still is a consumer device. It's not a professional device.
With that said, it will sell like gangbusters. But so would any new iPad.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I own Aspire P3 (i5 128GB) and iPad 2.

I found both devices work in different ways. I doubt iPad pro can disrupt. Surface LINE which run full windows OS. I found myself in lot of situation while iPad can and my aspire can.

Nevermind office on iOS other productivity apps isn't really do the job. But iPad gave me great entertainment

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Awesome comic predicted this in 2012:
Surface Tension – HijiNKS ENSUE

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

haha!

i prefer the surface line myself but dammit if steve jobs didn't do a masterful job creating mind-share.

regardless of actual capabilities, there will be iFlocks of people lining up to buy it and declare iPad Pro the greatest thing ever for artists and what not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb