Pre-Orders!

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Store - Surface Pro 4 Configurator
Readyyyyy...GO!

You can build custom configurations. Looks like the most badass configuration (i7, 16gb ram, 1tb) is $2700 but that configuration only allows you to signup for an email alert when it's available. Whenever that day comes my money goes. Looks like the most expensive Surfacebook is the same price as the most expensive SP4. I'm rrrrreally gonna try not to buy both.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about anyone else, but I am pretty disappointed to see there is no USB Type-C port on any of the new Surface devices. Instead choosing to go with a proprietary SurfaceConnect port. This really mashed me reconsider buying one of these. I was looking forward to universal charging of my Lumia, Surface, etc. via Type-C. I think this is a mistake, and sadly I will have to wait for the next generation of Surface of they decide to standardize. This mess of ports is quite frustrating.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I wish they'd allow 8GB RAM to be configured with the M3 option. What's the point of a configurator that's limited to the pre-configured options.

Bluerain

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

I need the Pro 4 due to it's screen resolution. I trade options/forex (level 2 ) and need a very high res screen due
to the huge amount of small numbers/ info on my screen.Needs to be very clear on a small screen ,plus I wear glasses.

This is why I didn't buy the Pro 3 due to the screen res. It's good,but not good enough for my needs.

The Pro 4 will be used for mainly for day trading. Surfing the web some and a netflix movie every so often at night.

My huge 19" laptop works like a champ ,but it's way too heavy for my lap and gets so very very hot.Tired
of sitting at desk all day and would love to just sit and relax on couch with the Pro.

Will the i5 256gb 16g ram be good enough for me ?

I want the i7 but can't see spending an extra $300 for it. So can I get by with the i5 for my needs ?

Also, I looked at the specs and was wondering if I can hardwire my DSL as oppose to just wifi ? I looked at the specs and didn't see an ethernet port.

PS: 5% discount if you use your Discover card.

Thanks !

CanisMinor

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Agree. I am shocked at this. If I buy a $2000 computer, I want it to be used for 3 to 4 years. Putting in only USB3 and then proprietary charging ports is ridiculous. How much would a single USB3.1 type C port for charging and future use have cost? $5? $10? It's ridiculous. Instead of you buy this it is an additional adapter to carry and of course spare adapters for Home, Office.

The second error is the fingerprint scanner on the type cover. Most of the times I would want a fingerprint scanner is when it is in tablet mode.

Then, finally, the dock. Why does the Lumia and the Surface have different docks? If I had both, I'd want one common dock connected to my monitor.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

I need the Pro 4 due to it's screen resolution. I trade options/forex (level 2 ) and need a very high res screen due
to the huge amount of small numbers/ info on my screen.Needs to be very clear on a small screen ,plus I wear glasses.

This is why I didn't buy the Pro 3 due to the screen res. It's good,but not good enough for my needs.

The Pro 4 will be used for mainly for day trading. Surfing the web some and a netflix movie every so often at night.

My huge 19" laptop works like a champ ,but it's way too heavy for my lap and gets so very very hot.Tired
of sitting at desk all day and would love to just sit and relax on couch with the Pro.

Will the i5 256gb 16g ram be good enough for me ?

I want the i7 but can't see spending an extra $300 for it. So can I get by with the i5 for my needs ?

Also, I looked at the specs and was wondering if I can hardwire my DSL as oppose to just wifi ? I looked at the specs and didn't see an ethernet port.

PS: 5% discount if you use your Discover card.

Thanks !

An i5/256gb is definitely a suitable configuration for what you described (and more). As for ethernet they sell an adapter for an ethernet port that works with the SP3 and if that one isn't directly compatible I can't see them not having an ethernet adapter that is available by launch. Of course the dock has one as well.

Bluerain

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
An i5/256gb is definitely a suitable configuration for what you described (and more). As for ethernet they sell an adapter for an ethernet port that works with the SP3 and if that one isn't directly compatible I can't see them not having an ethernet adapter that is available by launch. Of course the dock has one as well.

Thanks BeatBop

After reading your reply i went to order it via the discover link (%5 off ) and I was sadden that it won't be shipped until
Oct 26th.

I was all excited thinking I would have it in my hands in a few days :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes