What mini DisplayPort cable should I get?

orangesplease

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to purchase a mini DisplayPort cable to connect my (soon to materialize) SP4 to my monitor. The monitor has all major connection possibilities (HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA, etc) and I'm trying to figure out which cable is best. Apparently some folks have reported some generic cables being inoperable or not connecting well with the SP3's mDP.

Anyone have advice on this topic? I don't like the idea of purchasing a Microsoft cable at a premium price if I can get the same function from a cheaper and equally effective product.\

Thanks!

Talldog

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had very good luck with Cable Matters cables that I've purchased from Amazon. As far as DisplayPort, I'm using a Cable Matters DisplayPort to Displayport mini adapter to connect the DisplayPort cable that came with my kvm switch and it works great.

orangesplease

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I ended up getting a mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter (connected to an existing HDMI cable) instead of a mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable. The outcome looks far worse than what my previous laptop was able to provide with a VGA cable.

Does anyone think this might be an adapter issue? I'm thinking about buying a mini DisplayPort to Displayport cable to investigate this issue and hope it produces better visual results!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac