Should I buy Surface Pro 4 as my 1st laptop?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Should I buy surface pro 4 as my 1st laptop?

I have a pc and I'm opting for surface pro 4 as my 1st laptop. keeping in mind I'm from Pakistan and I'll be shipping it directly from america. Am i going in right direction because I'll probably be using that for many years to come

shayanr

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Should I buy surface pro 4 as my 1st laptop?

That would be too much to ask. I'm a student and I'm certainly not looking for power. Surface pro 4 isn't a cheap device either

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I would say if money are a slight concern and you don't need a Surface (tablet / laptop) it would be wiser to go with a real laptop. There are some great new laptops coming out now, most of them were covered on windows central. They are fast, with great screens and cost usually much less than the SP4. If (as me) you are in love with the surface there's nothing to do you should get one. I got by with the Surface Pro 2 with a Touch cover (yes the one without keys) until now, using it as my main laptop. But I use heavily the pen function so for me it made sense. Now is time to upgrade so I'm ordering a SP4. Anyway for me the build quality was great, the SP2 works as it did when i bought it (on launch day) and the battery seems to be just as good now as it was new so if the SP4 is in the same build category you can expect to use it for quite a long time provided you take care of it.

PS There are also great deals on SP3s right now so you could wait for a review comparison between SP3 and SP4 and decide based on that between the two.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Do your research. Look at Lenovo and others... But if you get the Surface Pro 4, consider getting the Intel Core i5 version instead of the Core m3. It will be better performance in the long term. The Core i7 is a bit too costly in my view if you don't need the power.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb