Can I change English system to Japanese system?

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi forum users, I am considering to buy a Surface Pro 4. Could you please let me know the following:

If I buy a system outside Japan with English OS installed, can I change it to Japanese so that I could: 1) type/write/read Japanese, 2) run Japanese version of software, 3) have file names in Japanese

Can I run Japanese/English version of software that only work under Windows XP?

Thank you.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi forum users, I am considering to buy a Surface Pro 4. Could you please let me know the following:

If I buy a system outside Japan with English OS installed, can I change it to Japanese so that I could: 1) type/write/read Japanese, 2) run Japanese version of software, 3) have file names in Japanese

Can I run Japanese/English version of software that only work under Windows XP?

Thank you.
On SP4 > settings > time and language shows japanese ....i think you can change display language and keyboard to japanese.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So, I got two conflicting answers. Could anybody please do a test to see if it works?
You can change OS language if that option is available by MS (it is). But if you are trying to see specific language on specific software you want to install, I think that more depends on the developers of that software if they support particular language, else you will see it in English.

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
You can change OS language if that option is available by MS (it is). But if you are trying to see specific language on specific software you want to install, I think that more depends on the developers of that software if they support particular language, else you will see it in English.

Do you mean that if I have a SP4 with the English version of Windows 10 per-installed. When I run a software with Japanese written on the menu bar and dialog boxes, I could either see everything in Japanese or in English but no garbage symbols. Is that what you mean?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs