How do you clean your Surface Pro 4 Type Cover?

decider

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I let my wife clean mine. Don't know how she does it but it is getting cleaned, that is all that matters. Don't need to clean that often however.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
for the type cover, I use the alcohol wipes to prevent finger oils from corroding the finish of the keys (the shiny spots if you leave the oil sit for long periods).

for the screen, i use a microfiber cloth

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about a "brand" to recommend. Just some isopropyl alcohol. Don't get the harsh ethyl alcohol.

Plenty of options at plenty of places. I get a bunch of them for free through work (I'm in the health field). They're tiny square wipes meant for cleaning before venipuncture or finger pricks.

seremify

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Don't you guys find that the Type Cover fabric starts to change colour easily? Both my SP4 and my S3 have the same dark blue Type Covers but they get lighter over time where my palms usually rest... can't figure out how to clean it as water doesn't work and neither did my laptop cleaner.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Don't you guys find that the Type Cover fabric starts to change colour easily? Both my SP4 and my S3 have the same dark blue Type Covers but they get lighter over time where my palms usually rest... can't figure out how to clean it as water doesn't work and neither did my laptop cleaner.

It's bad form to rest your arms on the table (or in this case, the Type cover) while typing. Didn't your typing instructor teach you that? :winktongue:

I can't imagine oils causing the material to get lighter. I can imagine it getting darker. That's weird.

seremify

May 9, 2015
Visit site
It's bad form to rest your arms on the table (or in this case, the Type cover) while typing. Didn't your typing instructor teach you that? :winktongue:

I can't imagine oils causing the material to get lighter. I can imagine it getting darker. That's weird.

It's light a slight faint whitening... not sure what. And my typing instructor never said I couldn't rest arms on table (and I owe my 150WPM speeds to him teaching me when I was 9/10) but my piano teacher didn't let me slouch my arms on the piano edge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz