How can I fix a wifi connection issue?

PaddiWaddi

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Wifi connection issue

For a little over a week now I'm having issues connecting to wifi networks. I had it first with the hotspot from my Lumia 930 now with my newly set-up home network. My surface can't connect to the network or if it does says it doesn't have connection and can't connect to my routers settings page either. Does anyone have an idea what that could be caused by or how to solve this?:confused:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Wifi connection issue

For a little over a week now I'm having issues connecting to wifi networks. I had it first with the hotspot from my Lumia 930 now with my newly set-up home network. My surface can't connect to the network or if it does says it doesn't have connection and can't connect to my routers settings page either. Does anyone have an idea what that could be caused by or how to solve this?:confused:

Have you been able to connect to networks outside your home like a college wifi or cafe wifi?

PaddiWaddi

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes. Just as much as I can to my own. It seems pretty random. It worked for a few days and now I can't connect again whilst every other device can.
I discovered running trouble shooter gives a message saying the device lacks at least one network protocol.
I already tried to uninstall the adapter. That does help but only temporarily and not every time. After a while it will always go back to the same issue.

Last edited:

cme4oil

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I was having similar issues and went into device manager, deleted the wifi adapter and rebooted. The driver will auto install and so far I haven't had any issues since then. This was about a week ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes