Charging issue on SP4

fastcarve

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm just checking in to see if anyone has encountered the following:

My relatively new SP4 (lot 1602) has developed a problem where it will occasionally lose the charging connection. The charger light will go off and on, and the screen brightness changes based on battery versus plugged in settings.

Sometimes it will go most of the day and only happen a couple times. Other times it is a constant back and forth.

Yesterday I went to the Microsoft store and replaced the charger, but it turns out the issue wasn't the charger.

Before I go through the hassle of getting the SP4 replaced, I wanted to see if anyone has encountered this and/or knows of a possible fix. This only started within the last week. I've inspected what I can of the charging port and I don't see anything in there that could be blocking the contacts.

Thanks.

seremify

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Silly Q but do you have anything else plugged into your charger? I find that sometimes if I'm trying to charge a device like my portable battery charger (5V) it can sometimes cause the SP4 charger light to flash on/off.

fastcarve

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
That's interesting. Yes, I've had my cell phone plugged into the charger. I'll give it some time without anything else plugged into it to see what happens.

fastcarve

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Silly Q but do you have anything else plugged into your charger? I find that sometimes if I'm trying to charge a device like my portable battery charger (5V) it can sometimes cause the SP4 charger light to flash on/off.

It looks like you saved me lots of time and trouble. Now that I'm not charging my phone through the SP4 charger, it seems to be working perfectly. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes