Surface Pro 4 - In Warranty - Standard Exchange - Turn Around Time and Replacement Condition

brosenz

May 2, 2016
Visit site
What is the standard turn around time when you send you Surface Pro 4 (i4/8GB/256GB) for replacement? Due to:

- Light bleeding from the top of the screen
- Loose power button that rattles and it's loose

What do you get back as a replacement? a Like New Surface Pro 4? Or is it a refurbished device that shows signs of use? My surface is almost brand new now, so I am afraid I will get something worse than what I have.

Any feedback will be appreciated, thanks

SymoClod

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I had to send my brand new SP4 back on the first day. Think it had a corrupt Win 10 image or something but it I tried a reset and it got stuck and never re-booted. Not sure where you are but I had to send mine back from UK to Germany with UPS. Microsoft turned around a replacement and confirmed to me that it was a brand new one in less than 24 hours. I contacted support once it had been delivered to MS in Germany and made it clear that this was only a few hours old and I would not expect a refurbished model and they agreed. With courier times it took a total of 5 working days. The replacement seems fine. Hope that helps.

thirdtimelucky

May 5, 2016
Visit site
@SymoClod
Same as you, didn't even get a couple of trouble free hours out of it.
Did you send your SP4 back in the original retail box?
I'm asking, as I also sent mine from the UK to Germany and my SP4 cam back in a plain brown box, so now I no longer have the retail packaging.
Microsoft Customer Care just don't!!
Live Chat told me that they would contact Germany and ask them to send back my box.
Phone chat told me that won't happen.
Looks like I'll be emailing the CEO of Microsoft because I'm not happy, and I won't be going away until this reaches a conclusion satisfactory to me.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
When we sent back a SP3 due to dropping the wireless card it was simplicity itself. I simply logged into the store, found the device (As I'd registered it), followed the procedure and sent it off.

Easy.

Stupidly easy.

thirdtimelucky

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm not disputing the simplicity of returning under warranty. I'm trying to get back the retail packaging I sent the faulty SP4 in, or replacement retail packaging.

SymoClod

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi - no I did not send it back in the original packaging - just sent the tablet part itself which, in fairness to MS, they did specify as the only thing you should send. Good luck with getting the box back though.

Chris Franklin4

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
wish I'd done that, they told me it was going to take 10 days minimum, ans I could expect a refurbished model, I had to keep this due to uni work and it's been a nightmare ever since.

Devhux

Feb 4, 2008
Visit site
I wonder how long it'll take if I bring mine to a local Microsoft store. Tired of the random reboots into the UEFI for no reason. Several restores/resets later hadn't fixed it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss