Why did my camera suddenly stop working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My camera was working fine while I was in a skype call, I ended the call and tried to call someone else and my camera appeared as a swirling loading symbol, I thought it originally was a skype issue so I performed a restart of skype, when that didn't work I restarted the surface itself. the problem had not been resolved and now windows hello was stuck permanently at "Turning on camera" where the little red light turned on but apparently the camera did not.

In short, why is my Surface pro 4 not utilizing it's camera?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My camera was working fine while I was in a skype call, I ended the call and tried to call someone else and my camera appeared as a swirling loading symbol, I thought it originally was a skype issue so I performed a restart of skype, when that didn't work I restarted the surface itself. the problem had not been resolved and now windows hello was stuck permanently at "Turning on camera" where the little red light turned on but apparently the camera did not.

In short, why is my Surface pro 4 not utilizing it's camera?

the camera module might be stuck or something - by any chance is your device under warranty? Can you take it for checking?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2