Can't cast to Xbox

dsx968

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
So I bought a Surface Pro 4 yesterday and got it all set up. The problem I'm having is casting a video from my documents to my Xbox One or my TV. This wasn't an issue for me with my old laptop which was also running Windows 10.
The only thing that has changed is the new computer. I've compared every setting I can think of and it's identical.
Does anyone know what I could be missing or if there's something specific to the SP4 that needs to be adjusted?

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
how are you trying to cast? if you right click and try to cast and cannot cast that way, try the alternative way.

double-click on the movie and have it load in the Movies & TV app. Then go to the lower right corner of the app and choose the option to cast to the Xbox. I found this second way to work when I can't use the right click way. Also, rebooting the SP4 should fix the problem too.

dsx968

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
I've tried all of that. The Xbox shows up as a device but it won't connect. Won't connect to my TV either. I went and bought a wireless adapter today and that works.

dsx968

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is that is has something to do with Miracast because my older laptop doesn't have that.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Are the Network adapters up-to-date on the SP4? If you're using 5 GHz only band on SP4's WiFi, that might be the problem. If it is set to Auto, something else's wrong.
Can you stream from your XBox to your SP4?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz